1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheat Codes with Magic 3.1

Discussion in 'PS2' started by benagain, Oct 27, 2003.

1. benagain

benagain Regular member

OK,
    I've been searching the forums looking for my answer, and I think I know it, I just want to see if I'm right. I have a ps2 modded with a magic 3.1 Everything works fine, however I am wondering if it at all possible to play ps2 games with either a gameshark or action replay codes. I've become bored with a lot of gy games and would like to try some cheats.
    The only way I'm seeing is if I had either a no solder mod or a fliptop and I just used the swap method to play my backups with cheats. If anyone else has been able to get backups to play with cheat codes and a magic 3.1, let me know. I've been having to use my originals with my gameshark, but I'm scratching the hell out of my games swapping them back and forth.

2. benagain

benagain Regular member

bump...

3. Insaniac

Insaniac Member

Ive always been able to boot my backups with Gameshark V2. The trick is after the tray is closed you have to press X within 4 seconds of the tray closing. Even then it doesnt work everytime and it will take 1-3 tries.

4. benagain

benagain Regular member

Awesome. I'll have to keep trying and do like you said and make sure I hit X real fast. Thanks for the response.