1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheat Device help

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Than924, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Than924

Than924 Member

I'm using the swap magic 3.3 disks with a slide card/flip top (Just got my flip top in the mail today)
    What cheat device is the easiest to use. I've tried using the cdloader method with my current ARMax, but it seems the CDloader doesn't work. Does the Action Replay USB work, or should I go with something like the codebreaker? My question is primarily, which one works best with the swap disks?
    Thanks for the help.

2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

This Method works.

AR MAX

DVD BACKUPS
    1. Boot AR MAX
    2. Select the codes you want
    3. Select Start Game
    4. The cd/dvd drive will now eject automatically.
    If you have a version 1-8 ps2 replace the AR MAX with the swap magic cd.
    If you have a version 9/10 ps2 replace the AR MAX with the Swap magic dvd.
    Once you have made the appropriate swap press eject to close the cd/dvd drive and press x.
    5. Once the Swap magic cd/dvd has loaded do the following...
    If you have a version 1-8 ps2 swap the swap magic cd with the cdloader using ea method and press x.
    If you have a version 9/10 ps2 swap the swap magic dvd with the dvdloader using ea method and press x.
    6. Once the cd/dvdloader has loaded press eject and swap the cd/dvdloader with a high toc original such as the swap magic dvd and press eject to close.
    7. Wait about 7 seconds and press x.
    8. Once the screen that says "swap dvdr by ea method" comes up swap the high toc original with your dvd-r backup using ea method and press x.
    9. Your backup will now load with cheats.

CD BACKUPS
    1. Boot AR MAX
    2. Select the codes you want
    3. Select Start Game
    4. The cd/dvd drive will now eject automatically.
    If you have a version 1-8 ps2 replace the AR MAX with the swap magic cd.
    If you have a version 9/10 ps2 replace the AR MAX with the Swap magic dvd.
    Once you have made the appropriate swap press eject to close the cd/dvd drive and press x.
    5. Once the Swap magic cd/dvd has loaded do the following...
    If you have a version 1-8 ps2 swap the swap magic cd with the cdloader using ea method and press x.
    If you have a version 9/10 ps2 swap the swap magic dvd with the dvdloader using ea method and press x.
    6. Once the cd/dvdloader has loaded press eject and swap the cd/dvdloader with the original cd game and press eject to close.
    7. Wait about 7 seconds and swap the cd original with your cd-r backup and press x.
    8. Your backup will now load with cheats.

3. Than924

Than924 Member

I've tried that...
    It seems that either I'm doing something wrong creating the cdloader, or the versions I am getting are bad...
    I downloaded 2 different versions and bnurned them using Alcohol at 8x (8x is the slowest Alcohol will allow me to burn)
    when it comes time to insert my cdloader, it goes to a black screen and just sits there.. I have a v7 PS2. I downloaded both a v1-6 cdloader and a v7 cd loader, and they both do the same thing...
    Is there a trick I am missing or something?
    I have followed those directions exactly.
    Is there a different cdloader I need to be using? I got the ones from Devilhunt's sig (I think that was his name)

Thanks for the help...

4. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

http://www.swapmagicfix.com

There is a new version of cd-loader.

if you cant burn lower than 8x then
    You gotta little chance of burning any backups
    That will work properly.(Is your firmware updated?)

My Advice:
    Download DVD Decrypter
    Re-make cd-loader using it.

Good luck

Last edited: Jan 13, 2005