1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Check Condition" and "Unrecovered Read Error"

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by rogues22, Aug 11, 2007.

1. rogues22

rogues22 Member

About halfway through backup up my DVD collection, I've recently encountered the error message described in the subject heading of this post. It has happened to 3 movies so far; "All the kings men", "Schindler's list" and "Six feet under" disc 3 from season one. All of whom work fine when watched.

I have backed up movies successfully prior and since this error message so I'm not sure what is going on here. I'm using DVD decryptor and DVD Shrink with the occasionnal RipIt4Me,

Any ideas on what I should/could do?

Thanks in advance.

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

this means that you have a dirty disk. try cleaning it.... use a non abrasive and non residue leaving cleaner (eye glass cleaner is what I use) and wipe off in a straight line from the inner hub circle to the outer edge. Do not rub off in a round circle as this is the pathway that the laser reads the disk. If you scratch it that way your laser won't read the disk properly! Make sure you use a soft, lint free cloth! After cleaning your DVD try again. good luck. welcome to AfterDawn.