1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

check disc message after copying dvd using nero 6

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by dottylfc, Oct 27, 2007.

1. dottylfc

dottylfc Member

I recently tried to copy a dvd using nero 6,I used the copy dvd option and burned on the fly at 4x. After successfully buring the disc i then tried to watch it on my dvd player and i got a message saying CHECK DISC. I have tried the disc on several dvd players and also my pc and am having the same problem.

Any help would be appreciated

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

What movie are you trying to backup?

3. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

the best version of nero 6 is 6.6.0.18 so give that a shot

It may be the media you're using sticking with Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim is the best choice.(or it may jst be a bad blank DVD this time) you're burm speed is fine, try reading it to the HD then burn instead of burning on the fly also make sure you have the most up to date firmware for the drive'burner check here

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_all.php

4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

The only version of Nero I've ever used a... I mean, ZoSo.

What I was thinking is that if the dvd you're trying to backup is copy protected, then Nero won't be bypassing that when copying on the fly.

Thought come to think of it, I've never tried to copy a dvd on the fly with Nero so don't know if it'd even do it for a copy protected movie.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2007
  5. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

NOT recommended as it causes too many problems as you have found out...no doubt you used Nero Recode.
    What is the version of Nero 6 that you are using....as stated 6.6.0.18 is a stable version but also the latest version of 6 is also as good.

6. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

you can use nero alone with anydvd if the movie doesn't need compressed but i never recommend that or use a DL DVD and use nero +anydvd but thats far from the best option

Last edited: Oct 28, 2007
  7. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Apart from using CloneDVD and AnyDVD, the ONLY other combination I use to back up is Nero Recode/AnyDVD without any apparent problems.