1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Check for Panasonic DVD Recorders Firmware

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by masoncool, Dec 3, 2008.

1. masoncool

masoncool Member

is there a webpage I can go to, to find out how to check what version of firmware I curently have installed on my Panasonic DVD recorder before I go and try to update it??

also, I notice that on some recorders the firmware has been updated 4 or 5 times, my question is do I have to update with each version of firmware to get all of the changes, or does the latest version have all previous changes from previous firmware updates?

2. jhvance

jhvance Member

Not sure which model you have. Go to the Panasonic website, choose "Consumer Electronics" and "Support", and you'll find the most current firmware file to download under the "Support and Resources" tab.

I'm fairly certain the firmware upgrades are cumulative. If the most recent file version available for download won't "take" when loaded into your DVR, it was already installed.

3. burninmad

burninmad Member

I bought a Panasonic DMREZ37V recorder/VCR combo$100 clearance,Walmart last May08. I sent it to Service after opening,they upgraded software.I recently called them again,they sent me the firmware disk free.(Still got that 1 year on parts AND labor,unlike some other brands!I still gret Icompatabledisk messages ,after copying.Same problem I asked for a few weeks ago.Sony DVD=Rs are being used.I can record one then next day,NOT!Anyone else having similar problem?Thanks