1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Check Redundancy Cycle error with Aviator

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by calude, Apr 3, 2005.

1. calude

calude Member

Hi guys,
    I am having such a problems with the movie Aviator. I have copied closed to 150 movies in the last 2 months and i have never and i mean never ran into any problems (touch wood). I was using dvdxcopy at first (the first 2 weeks) then i switched to anydvd and clonedvd2. Sometimes I will use 1clickdvd copy with anydvd but rare. Now, I am stumped on this movie. My burner is an LG (not sure the model) on a small 800 mHz PC. I do have the new version of AnyDVD, and CloneDVD2. Can any one please shine some light on my problem. It would be greately appreciated.
    Thank you

P.S. I'm online right now for the next 4 hours, so if anyone as suggestions i can reply ASAP, but i can not try any suggestions right away since I'm at work and not home.Ty

Last edited: Apr 3, 2005
  2. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Clean your disc extremely well and try again. You may have to try another original disc. These errors are almost always due to smudges, scratches or imperfections.

3. calude

calude Member

I originally was able to copy it, now im getting this error from my copy and from the original....

What is the best way of clean a dvd.....i was told to place in toilet and flush....the water running around it will clean it...any truth to that....

ty

4. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Soft cloth and Windex or rubbing alcohol as a first attempt.

5. calude

calude Member

So i can use just about any thing to clean...not sure if i have windex at home. But i will try that, would that mean that I should be able to see the dirt...or can this dirt be microscopic....and if that doesn't work any other suggestions....any other problems that might over see small imperfections.

6. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Dirt, smudges and scratches can usually be seen. Imperfections most likely can not be seen.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2005
  7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

bilbo65,

Well said and complete -

HOWEVER, since this young lad is obtaining a pirate download, dirty discs aren't to blame.

I'm suprised that our friend has time to work. Downloading 3 movies per day, everyday, 7-days a week, month after month, then rendering them and burning them to disc, all on a 800Mhz ? That's incrediable since with that slow a processor one can do only one task with one movie at a time. A PC so involved hardly has enough power to do the tasks he's asking it to do much less write email, surf the net or run a medium type of screensaver. A freind of mine has a 900Mhz and I know the times well -

The logic of why you are using AnyDVD totally escapes me as there are no downloads anywhere that are encrypted.

Hey Calude,

You haven't told us:

1. What programs you're rendering your files with ?

2. Do they play in their AVI state on your PC ?

3. What media are you attempting to burn them too ?
    (Crappy media will provide you with that error ASSUMING that the files you're trying to burn are in order.)

Information = Solutions

Honest information = Complete solutions

Cheers,

Pete

8. calude

calude Member

I run 2 PC, the other one is for internet and everything else. So, this one is strictly for my movies. All the movies that I have copied are from friends and families that are asking for backups. So that would mean the source as the files in good order. The media I use is not the most expensive one as for 50 pcs its costing only $15. But for the amount of backups i do its not worth the expensive blanks DVD's.

9. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

Their is no way you have a "real" dvd of the Aviator.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/175325

and 50 discs for $15? that's even cheaper than the cheapest one. where are you getting your discs? im pretty sure you just got a defective copy

10. calude

calude Member

Well, real or not, I don't no, but its a really damn good copy. I have a friend that as a 52 wide screen Plasma TV and the quality is just as good as one from the rental places.

And for the medias, Im getting this issue on the original and my copy. I buy my disk at a local store and if i buy 100 pcs i only pay $13. Out of a pack of 50 I will be lucky to see 3 pcs being defective. The media is Mitsumi. I love them not only are they cheap but they work great, besides if you do get a defective you don't feel bad throughing it out.

11. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

is dvd shrink able to analyze it?

12. calude

calude Member

No, i don't even get the chance to use DVD Shrink, i have tried using DVDxCopy by it self, then with AnyDVD in the background, then i have tried DVD Decrypter but it won't finish gets the message of redundancy cycle before i can even start DVD Shrink. Then the same with cloneDVD 2 with AnyDVD in the background. When it reads the movie it stops at difference percentage depending on the software. 1clickdvd stops at about 60%, clonedvd2 stops at about 95% and DVDxCopy stops at about 50%.

Thank you for input, its greately appreciated.....

13. calude

calude Member

Hey dvdripdvd,

i think im getting confused with the software, when using DVDShrink is dvd decrypter in the background like anydvd?

Maybe im not using DVDShrink and DVD decrypter properly...

14. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

it sounds like you have it backwards. it goes dvd shrink to dvd decrypter. you can use decrypter first if the dvd is highly secure then its best to use decrypter to shrink but i don't think the aviator is really secure.?

if i have a dvd that will not read when being ripped, i use shrink and put it under deep analysis. it takes longer but it gets the job done.

15. calude

calude Member

So what you are saying is that decrypter is like anydvd but not automatically and shrink is like clone dvd....RIGHT! (i hope)

So then what you suggesting is just use shrink but under deep analysis. I don't recall seeing that option of deep analysis. I do remember the option of doing an analysis of the movie but not DEEP....

16. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

calude, What ScubaPete and the others are trying to tell you is that your ORIGINAL is an illegal dvd movie and therefore is a burned copy. The quality of the source and the blank media to which it was burned may be bad. You get what you pay for. You can try Decrypter to copy it but if that fails you are out of luck.

Jerry

17. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

It isn't a professional disc -

If what you have is on a disc I can guarentee you the following ~

1. It isn't encrypted therefore using DVDD, AnyDVD OR the ripping of DVD Shrink doesn't matter as, like I said, there is no encryption.

2. If you cannot get it ripped to your HD then the disc is a Crappy one (no matter how you spell it).

Either download a fresh pirate copy from the Internet OR give your friend a decent quality disc to run another copy.

Facts are facts my friend. When dealing with pirate copies bad things happen.

Cheers,

Pete

Last edited: Apr 4, 2005
  18. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

[bold]Pirate[/bold] is such a strong word

19. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

@dvdripdvd,

"A Rose by any other name, . . . . "

It is what it is . . .

and yet I become redundant,

A fact is still a fact.

The "Aviator" has yet to be released. To be more precise, there isn't even a release date for it . . .

Why our "Newbie" chose to "Brag" about his acquisition of a movie still in the theaters is beyond me BUT some pple like to boast about their illegal exploits. Were he more astute, he would have left the title out of his post and referred to it as a "Home movie." When dealing with "bootlegs" they are commonly burned to the cheapest media available, quality just isn't an issue.

His plea of,

suggests that he believes us without intelligence. When you can't get it at Blockbuster or any other reputable business, it should be a clue, Ya think ?

To show you how little he thinks of you he mocked your intelligence beyond belief when you questioned him about his $15.00/ 50 discs. Only believable as the cheapest disc on the market, sells for $28.00 per 100 on MertLine.com yet he had to lie so much, he came back with yet another fantasy,

Yea, right, in your dreams. 13-cents a disc. Just how dumb do you really think we are OR is it possible you couldn't tell the truth on your deathbed.

and yet he says,

The only place that would hire a 10 yr old unable to tell the truth about anything is to teach him sentence structure used by more adults and allow him to sell swampland in Florida as homestead property.

If you were paying attention to our little friend, you might also wonder why, with over 150 movies under his belt in just the last 2 months, using an 800 Mhz PC, is he asking the type of questions he is asking. What say you dvdripdvd ? How unknowing were you after 150 burns ? Have you done 150 yet ? I've read your posts and your experience seems say that though you may not of attained that number nor be of working age, you have learned quite a bit from your burns. If you have exceeded that number, again I say, I could never imagine you getting that far without obtaining a fair amount of burning knowledge. So much knowledge that a statement like,

would be beyond you.

As I was saying, our friend couldn't be hired to mop floors at, "Mickey "D's".'

What a waste of time he is . . . iffin' Mommy ever found out how much lying he's doing, he'd have his mouth washed out -

(I'd pay cash money to watch that :D)

20. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

hey, i was kidding scubapete. no need to push me off a mountain and run me over with a car and shoot me in the back and play tic tac toe on my face with darts. all in good fun.

i've seen tons of bootlegs. and im pretty sure he has a bootleg. as for the release date of The Aviator-...May 24, 2005. i'm a movie guy so i know my movies.

And no disrespect Scubapete, I respect you as an informed person on backing up DVDs but don't give answers on questions you don't even know. For your information, I have backed up over 150 dvds before I joined Afterdawn and many more after that. I do have a job and after all of my posts, I've only had 1 question and that was regarding the Bourne Supreamcy. My method of burning works for me so if you feel my advice is not "up to par" than too bad, it works for me and I'm just passing along a suggestion.

As I said before, it's all in good fun.