1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Check This Price !! wow

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by sadsac, Feb 20, 2005.

1. sadsac

sadsac Guest

Check this!

I just got home from Best Buy. The Circuit City sale paper this week had the Verbatim Digital Movie DVD+R disks advertised for $6.94 for a 25 pack. The original price was $19.94 minus $8.00 instant rebate. Then you had to wait 8-10 weeks for the additional $5 mail in rebate.

Best Buy matched the final price without having to do the mail in rebate waiting game.

I bought five of the 25 packs at $6.94 each at Best Buy! Got them home and they checked out as MCC 002 disks! I'm thinking of going back for 5 more packs. The disks are beautiful. Crystal clear from edge to edge. No more of those Fuji speckles I mentioned in a previous thread.

Can't beat that with a stick!

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Wrong forum. Thread moved.

3. sadsac

sadsac Guest

Where'd you move the thread? I figured this was the right place.

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I moved it to DVD Media forum and you're posting to it :)

5. sadsac

sadsac Guest

Sorry. That's where I thought I posted it initially. I must have been looking in the DVD ripping forum when I decided to post. My apologies.

6. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

sadsac, did u have to show them the circuit city sale paper or did the best buy ppl just call circuit city to find out their advertised price? the closest c.c. to me is over 60 miles away so it's hard to get my hands on a sale paper. best buy, on the other hand, is only 35 miles away.

7. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

It depends if the guy you're asking is an ahole. For the most part, the Bestbuys in south O.C. will take your word. If anything, just print the add and show them that.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2005
  8. kinza

kinza Regular member

when officedepot had a sale on maxell's i printed out an advertisement and walmart gave the discs with that advertisement.

9. sadsac

sadsac Guest

I actually have the luxury of having both CC and BB within driving distance. I took in the advertisement. I'm sure that if you print if off the internet, they will accept it at BB. If not, they should be able to pull up the ad or call them.

But again, they may not. Before BB opened where I live, CC would not match their price since they only match prices with "local competitors". Since your CC is 30 miles or more from your BB, they may not consider it a local competitor.

But then, BB likes taking business from CC any opportunity they get.

Good luck!

10. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

yeah, i figure if they know i'm just going to walk out if they don't match it, then they might match it w/out an ad. but there are about 30 or more miles between the nearest cc and bb. so who knows? i think i might be able to get my mitts on one by tomorrow, though. walmart matched an office depot sale price just by calling them and they are over 30 miles apart. didn't need an actual ad. i'm going to print it out just in case.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2005
  11. budberner

budberner Guest

sadac

thanks for the great tip.that's what's this forum is all about

12. budberner

budberner Guest

sadsac

Spelling wasn't my best subject won't happen again

13. sadsac

sadsac Guest

I usually check all the circulars (BB, CC, Office Depot, OfficeMax, Staples, Wal-Mart, Sears, etc.)

That's about all I like to read in the Sunday paper.

I'll post any other great deals I run across.

Two weeks ago, Best Buy matched prices with Circuit City on TDK media........25 packs for $7.00.

I thought that was great media until I started reading the threads here.........after I bought them. They checked out as CMC E01's. Maybe not the worst media you can buy, but CMC doesn't get rave reviews.

But then again, the Fuji Yuden T02's I bought had speckles on them. I honestly think that most of the main manufacturers send out multiple lines of disks. I have no idea if this is true, but the TDK disks appeared to be extremely well made while the Fuji disks appeared to be cheap as crap. According to all the threads I read, CMC is crap and Yuden is king.

But the TDK's were CMC and the speckled Fuji's were Yudens. Go figure!

Anyhoo......I'll post any other great deals I run across. I'd like to have a few more packs of that Verbitim Digital Movie MCC 002 media. I might go back to BB and pick up a few more while I can still get them for $6.94.....

14. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

well, i checked at my bb and they wouldn't match the $6.94 price at cc since it included a mail-in rebate. kind of sucks. does anyone know if there are any online stores that match prices like that?

15. sadsac

sadsac Guest

I bought 3 more packs tonight. I don't think I've seen better media for the price. I want to make sure I have enough to last me the rest of my life!

16. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

u lucky dog! i wish all bb stores had the same policy. don't know why they wouldn't. too bad office depot doesn't carry the 25 packs. they only have the 3 pack movie reels. i read on their website they would match prices, including rebates. but i did get a pretty deal there a couple of weeks ago. they had some 3 packs of verbatim datalife plus in jewel cases on clearance for $2.25 ea. i bought them all (five). been trying to find some more like that.

17. sadsac

sadsac Guest

You might go back to best buy and see if another associate will do the price match. Sometimes, one will and one won't.

Today's the last day for that price. I guess if Best Buy doesn't carry them, maybe Staples or OfficeMax might. I don't think Wal-Mart has them either.

If all else fails, I guess you could get them at Circuit City. The only problem would be having to wait for the mail-in rebate. But in the end, you'd end up with the same price. Who knows. Best Buy might have the same deal starting tomorrow. Every place that sells this stuff puts a different brand on sale each week. Two weeks ago, best buy had Verbatim on sale. Last week, it was Fuji. This week, it was Memorex. I'm guessing that next week will be either TDK or Verbatim again.

Good Luck!

18. bydasword

bydasword Guest

well, if you are looking for some quality media....quick run to office depot and take adavantage fo the buy one get one free deal on the Maxell's. Looked around and found some gold tops, got the deal and they turn out to be MXL RG03's. Hurry. Ends today!!!

19. sadsac

sadsac Guest

That's a good deal. I bought some Maxell yellowtops a while back. I tried them when backing up my baby's movies she likes to watch. I really don't like to use my originals because she's probably watched the disks 300 times at home and 200 times in the car. I'm always afraid that I'll scratch a disk when I'm switching them 20 times a day for her.

That's the nice thing about backing those up. If I scratch one.....which I have scratched a few, I just get the original back out and redo the backup....presto....I don't have to worry about it.

At less than $.33/disk versus paying $20 for the original again, I can afford to do this 60 times before buying a new disk.

Anyway, those Yellowtops sure hold up to the abuse and constant use!!!