1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

checking a burned disc

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Rsoxfan, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Rsoxfan

Rsoxfan Guest

hey all,
    I was wondering if there is a program that you can run a dvd back up through to tell if there are any errors. without haveing to watch it. thanks for any help in advance.

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Its not a real quick way but dvdinfopro(free)well show you what your looking for:http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

3. Rsoxfan

Rsoxfan Guest

thanks for the fast reply this site is the best.

4. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Just a note on that link if I may. I also gave it out to a member today and found that the free version actually has an expiration date of 1/3/2005 on it. He said he downloaded it but it would not work.

5. budberner

budberner Guest

What else is available to check burned discs. I tried dvdinfopro with no luck also.

6. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

You can use nero to check for block errors and read speed or there are some tools for specific dvdrw manufactures eg: kprobe for Lite-on drives.

7. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I just downloaded the free trial of dvdinfopro on my backup pc a few minutes ago,no problems.

8. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Well that's the last time I listen to someone without checking for myself. After what [bold]saugmon[/bold] just said in his post I did the same and downloaded it and yes, it works just fine. Thanks Saugmon for letting me/us know! :)

And it's a pretty sweet program too!

9. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Cool, I had quit useing my version of dvdinfopro because it told me the free version had expired and I thought I would have to buy the full regestered version to update it, but I just downloaded the updated free version and it works great. Thx guys.

10. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

DVD Decrypter will also check your disk for errors.

11. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

I just updated it a couple days ago, and it worked for me but I do see that expiration date. hmmmmmmm

12. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey scuba bud, I downloaded dvdinfopro to check for errors on my kyhpermedia +8x burner in my backup pc. I downloaded it last week on my main pc to scan some sony +1-8 sony and had 0 errors. Seems like that free version does not last very long.The first few times i downloaded it was to check my mfg code. I now realize how much more this program has to offer.

I have 1 apex stand alone that will not play that khpermedia burn.I know the laser is just a hair different because I can reburn those k-h backkups onto either my benq or cyberhome recorder and that apex will play them perfect,go figure.

I want to scan one of my SAW backups from the K-h burner,that is in my backup pc. Later