1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Checking and Verifiying DVD backup Discs

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by AndreL, Apr 25, 2007.

1. AndreL

AndreL Regular member

When I use Nero to burn my newlyed authored DVD backups Should I have the verifications box checked to have nero do a verification also I play them in my stand alone dvd player and quickly go foward though the chapters though the whole movie to make sure it plays.

My Qusestion is, am I wasteting my time and HD space by waiting to check the DVD in my player before deleting the HD copy. Could I simply just burn the disc take it out my drive a pop in in the player and as soon as it starts to play I'm safe to asume that the whole disc is playable so that gives me the ablility to uncheck the verification box while it is burning. Cause if it starts to play that means that the whole disc will play.

I am so sure this question has been asked but could not find it.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

I never use the verify option. I just go by the playback in the player.
    Many, many discs later so far I've been good with minimal problems at best.
    Rarely keep the copy on my hard drive too.

Players can be picky with media so even if it starts to play doesn't mean there might not be a 'glitch' somewhere on the disc.
    To keep chances of this low use good media, keep the firmware up to date, burn at half the rated speed of the media, and keep up on the regular pc maintenace. This method been good for me :)

3. AndreL

AndreL Regular member

Yea I use TY media, thank for the post.