1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Checking disk' - DVD Shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by lolly81, Jan 24, 2005.

1. lolly81

lolly81 Guest

Hi, I really need help!!! A couple of weeks ago I sucessfully burnt Desperardo with DVD Shrink but I can't remember how I did it! Now, I'm trying to burn Mean Girls from the video store, and I think I'm doing ok but then nothing happens. First I open the disk and an analysis is done. Then I click on backup and it starts encoding while the dvd is still in there. After about an hour, it finishes encoding then a box comes up that asks me to put in a disk to burn to. Down the bottom of this box it has a green strip (like loading) 'checking disk'. Is this normal. How long does it take? 1/2 an hour? Have I done something wrong or am I on the right track?

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Sounds like your doing allright.

You need to check here it will help you out a lot. you might even want to print a few of these guides so you don't forget again ;-)

Opps forgot the link :) Sorry
    http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/

Last edited: Jan 25, 2005
  3. lolly81

lolly81 Guest

Well I guess I will give it another try. The movie is saved onto the harddisk and I have printed out some guides to help me tonight. Thanx a bunch

4. lolly81

lolly81 Guest

Help! I am still having trouble - It has been 3 hours and it is still checking disk. Up the top of this box it still says "Please insert the disk to write to". Any ideas?

5. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

What program are you using to burn? NERO?

6. lolly81

lolly81 Guest

Yes, Nero start smart

7. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

I dont use Nero, so I can not be of much help, but Shrink is not your problem. You have DVD Shrink set up to burn with Nero? Sounds like Nero is the problem. Nero has a tool to take your DVD for a test drive. You should try it. You could try to uninstall and re-install Nero.

8. matcs

matcs Guest

As long as you have saved the movie correctly, All u need to do is open ~Nero Start Smart~ then go to copy and backup then click burn image to disk,then click my computer , then double click local disk (E.G) C:, then pick the file you want copied(movie), then click OPEN and it will take you back to Nero and you can now click next and it should make a good copy for you . If this doesnt work get rid of any saved movie files and re run: shrink, then do as ive said ..GOODLUCK..

9. lolly81

lolly81 Guest

I will try everyting suggested, thanks. Just a quick Q. I tried to burn it also with decrypter but when I put in the disc to write to, nothing happened. I pressed on 'write' but again nothing happened. Could it be the disc? I am really bad at this!

10. freaky1

freaky1 Member

try using a different disc...get some rw disc and practice with those until u get it down then start using regular ones

11. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

Did you try the Nero test drive tool. You might uninstall your DVD and reboot. The driver should re-install. When you tried Decrypter, did you rerun Shrink with Decrypter selected as your burn program.

12. lolly81

lolly81 Guest

Yes, I tried to do a test run with Nero but it did not work - Error Unrecovered Read Error 031100 showed up. I will try to use DVD RW as well. At the moment i'm trying dvd r. Yes I did rerun shrink with decrypter.

13. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

Sounds like the problems is the burner itself and not Decrypter.

14. lolly81

lolly81 Guest

I just wanted to thank everyone that offered their help. I have now burnt two dvd's!! Yay