1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Checking for Errors for Standalone Players

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Troy1x, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Troy1x

Troy1x Guest

I have been burning dvds for a long time now, but I recently backup a dvd and later returned to it watching it on a standalone player and I got skips and messed up chapters. My question is there any program out there to do a quick check for errors so I can have a guarntee working dvd without errors on a standalone player?

For instance I backup for say 5 movies one day, and I don't watch them, but then later on find out there are errors on the disc, is there any way to check that??

-Troy1x

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

There is no way to guarantee if a disk will play on a particular player other than to actually play it. That said, you can put the disk in the player and then do a fast forward at like 16X or so. If there are major problems, the picture will likely freeze. This won't necessarily guarantee completely skip and freeze free performance but it will give you some assurance the disk is playable. At 16X it doesn't take long for a title to play. Nero will verify a burned disk but that won't guarantee the disk will play corrrectly in a standalone player or even a different drive.