1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Checking to be safe...thoughts and info please???

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by syntax101, Apr 27, 2005.

1. syntax101

syntax101 Member

I am working on trying to collect what I need to SoftMod my Xbox. I have read a few guides and infos posted here and at a few other forums and website.

I have read that you cannot have a kernal or dash above a certain number to make the exploits work? Is there a way to install a lower version of dash/kernal to Xbox?

I recently got one as a birthday gift from a family member and under system info it lists my dashboard as 5960 and my kernal as 5838.

I would appreciate some advice or tips of where to start to get this accomplished so long as its possible with my version of Xbox. I'd prefer to avoid a mod-chip if I can, and I really have no need for Xbox Live.

My main goal is playing backup games and using Xbox Media Center to play avi's etc. If anyone is willing to offer assistance, or perhaps talk me through a few questions I have, feel free to reply here or pm me/email me or if you are willing to spend the time IM me on AIM/MSN/YahooIM. I would appreciate hearing from someone. Thanks for your time. Looking forward to hearing some responses *I hope*

2. syntax101

syntax101 Member

P.S. I am not sure if it is allowed to openly post IM screen names here or not, but if you'd be willing to IM me to chat about getting em started with softmod, just PM me here at Afterdawn or Email me and I'll reply with my IM names so we can chat.

3. adsfbike

adsfbike Member

hey, i know a really good site but not sure if i can post it or not, so type the first 3 letters u would for a website then "how2xbox" then add last extension to it, or just type in how2xbox at google that should hlp u pm me if u have further questions