1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

chemeleon modchip problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by phatstrat, Nov 13, 2003.

1. phatstrat

phatstrat Guest

ok just got my cham 1.3 LE(the blue one) with the solderless adapter...i had some trouble with the little pin thingys in the lpc holes...but it seems ok...

but of course i got a problem...the xbox restarts 3 times on the third...it just...sits....the from is blinking green to red er orenge er something and i am getting absolutely no ligth from the LED on the cham. someone help.

2. ShadoweX

ShadoweX Member

Because it is flashing... your D0 point is okay. You need to check to see if all the pins are directly on each of their marks. You might also want to check what version XBOX you have. There have been BIOS issues with the later models (v1.4 and v1.5). I had an issue with a v1.4. I flashed the chip with a programmer using the Evox M7 BIOS and everything worked fine after that.

3. GetModded

GetModded Guest

Also try changing the DIP switches on the chip to boot from a different bank.

RustyDog

4. phatstrat

phatstrat Guest

alright it just wanst on the points right i had the power on and played with it and it blinked a few times....now its working

is the blue led suppose to be blinking?
    it loads up into the cromwell bios fine and askes for the cd....how exactly do update the bios via cd....and whats the next easiest way to flash a bios without buying the programmer.

5. ShadoweX

ShadoweX Member

If you have the cromwell BIOS then yes, the blue blinking light is okay and it means it is connected correctly. Once you flash it with a different BIOS, that light goes away.

You can flash the BIOS by putting the BIOS on the CD with a name if LINUXBIOS.BIN (i think that is the correct spelling) and then placing that CD in the drive when Cromwell asks for the Linux CD.

Flashing the chip is easy when you are able to get into the Evolution X dashboard. There is an option to flash the chip. I recommend downloading the instruction manual for the Chameleon mod chip because they have several lines that you need to add to the configuration file for the Evolution X dashbaord that will allow you to flash the chip and it's different memory banks.

6. MikeDDR

MikeDDR Regular member

Your spelling is wrong... it should be LINUXBIO.BIN but this information can be found on www.xodus-chip.com in the download section there's a manual to read. It explains how to flash the bios.