1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

chess

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by saharardb, Mar 30, 2005.

1. saharardb

saharardb Guest

hi does anybody know how many times u r allowed to do the move en passant in a game of chess and what en passant means

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2005
  2. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

3. saharardb

saharardb Guest

already been to them sites. Not helpful...

Thanx anyway venomX05

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2005
  4. rafigold

rafigold Regular member

en passant literally translates as "in passing" or "while passing". I am fairly sure that it can be used as many times as you want in a game.

5. saharardb

saharardb Guest

thank u...i will wait for a confirmation

6. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

Yes it can be used as many times as you want and it is possible to do so (which is not very often). Most people do not know about this move and will accuse you of cheating. Im sure you already know this but will say how the move works.

This move can done when your pawn end up diagnal and 2 spaces away from the other guys pawn. The other guy pawn Has to be in its starting posision (never moved). Now lets say the other guy moves his pawn forward 2 spaces. This would put his pawn right beside yours. ONLY on your next move can you capture by moving your pawn behind his pawn. (in other words you capture as if he only went 1 space forward) If you do not do this on your next move then you forfit the capture. This move is for pawn versus pawn only. It will not work against other pieces.

Strange place to ask about this.
    Good luck
    -Del

Last edited: Mar 30, 2005
  7. saharardb

saharardb Guest

is the pawn allowed to move 2 paces on its first move and one thereafter

8. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

You have to be new at chess. On the first move of a pawn it can go one or two spaces. Afterwich it can only move one and captures diaganally. If it manages to reach the other side of the board you can turn it to a queen. Some people say you can only get something back that was taken but that is not correct. You can select any piece if it has been captured or not.

-Del

9. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

ohh I made a terible mistake. It is corrected via the edit button. Look up. What was I thinking.

-Del