1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

chinese fake ipod from ebay

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by louise43, Nov 15, 2009.

1. louise43

louise43 Member

i bought 3 of these fake 8gb touch nano thingies well they arrived but when i went to add tunes from my music fiules on my laptop it came up format error everytime
    finally and this is the point to the thread what i had to do was reformat the unit using the default settings and that cleared the error
    hope this helps someone else and saves them the 3 hours it took me and my husband this afternoon to sort it out

2. Mez

Mez Active member

You were VERY lucky. I suggest you think carefully as to what music you want on it sync one and never again. Chipods die in the sync process. The sync is much like Russian Roulette. The reformat rarely works. Chipods are rejects for the Chinese market. They cost about 100 USDs per hundered. The seller knew they were selling you junk. You will never get a moniray refund they will send you a new one where they make money on the S&H.

3. scum101

scum101 Guest

Hi Mez .. probably isn't 8 gig either.. most likely 256MB's.. and that's why they fail during syncing.

4. Mez

Mez Active member

50% of all posts on this forum is how you I fix my Chipod. They get testy if I say why did you buy it? BUY NAME BRANDS!