1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CHIP DUO 2 SE INFORMATION

Discussion in 'PS2' started by redlider, Jan 26, 2005.

1. redlider

redlider Member

HELLO, this post is for any relation whit this chip, problems , good things or bad thing any u post gona be of important to the readers. since i have some problems whit this chip, maybe i request some advices, my problem is that i have a ps2 hhd and now since i mod my ps2, i cant run any cd-r or dvd-r recorded game whit the hhd instaled, i need to take off the network adapter or quit the hhd from my ps2 so the ps2 can reconize the recorder games, any clue about to run the ps2 chip whit the hhd on the ps2 tnx.

2. redlider

redlider Member

DUO2 SE Mod-Chip
    Product Description:

The DUO2 Mod-Chip is the world's first PS2 V1-V10 Mod-Chip solution with ONLY 17 WIRES. It enables you to play any PS1 and PS2 Imports / Backups (CD, DVD, CD-R, DVD-R, CD-RW, DVD-RW) without swap method. The DUO2 Chip is compatible with V1-V10 USA, EUR, JAP PlayStation 2 consoles (NTSC, PAL) and DVD 9 ready. With the new disable function the Magic Duo Mod-Chip is network and online ready - boot with reset for 5 seconds and the chip turns off and leaving the PS2 in it's 100% original state.

Product Features:
    World's first 17 wire install for V1-V10
    New ON / OFF technology to deactivate the Mod-Chip function
    New low profile design for easy mounting and installation
    Network adapter (PlayStation 2 broadband connection) ready
    Direct boot Imports / Backups without the swap method - just like originals
    Direct boot of PSX original Imports
    Direct boot of PSX Backups (CD-R)
    Direct boot of PlayStation 2 original Imports (CD, DVD and DVD 9)
    Direct boot of PlayStation 2 Backups (CD-R, DVD±R)
    Direct boot of PlayStation 2 DVD9 silvers
    Multi Disc ready
    NTSC and PAL ready
    ActionReplay MAX, ActionReplay V2 and GameShark2 ready (for all who use GS2 / AR2 cheatcodes)
    Does not effect your DVD player - all original features of the PlayStation 2 remain the same
    Auto-detects the PlayStation 2 version and region (NTSC, PAL) - doesn't matter which country you're in.

Bonus feature:
    Overheating protection - the chip will switch off if the DUO chip or the PS2 Motherboard gets too hot!
    Product Compatibility:

Compatible with every PS2 version (V1 -V10), no need to check your PS2 version.
    Package Contents:

DUO2 Mod-Chip
    Wires
    Solder
    Multicore No-Clean Desolder Wick
    Special customer online guide (with all diagrams and step by step guide)
    Shipped in an anti-static bag

3. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

These are the chips that i only install.

They are very reliable and are also cheap so i stick with them.

4. redlider

redlider Member

well it supost that my ps2 are whit that chip , i bring the ps2 to the installer but when i c the chip wanst green and i dont remeber if the chip say something, my chip was white and he only solder around 7 cables, but the extrange thing was that the operation to play and disable the chip is the same of the duo2 se, but my chip dint looks like the chip duo2 se, he say he is but i still got my question, and since i mod my chip i cant play recorded games whit the hhd instaled, since i need to remove the hhd from the ps2 so i can run recorded games, any clue about this hhd problems ?

5. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

Well i can tell you now that it is not a duo2 as your chip only has 7 wires.

Duo2 has 17+ and would not have the hdd problem.

Take it back to the installer and get him to do it again or fix it as he will have too.

6. arelis

arelis Member

they are goods but dont buy a premodded console in www.premodds.com, I buy one with duo 2 and I can't play My cds' backups and I try it all, they just says is a console problem, so dont let them to trick you Im returning the console this week for a full refund but let me tell you I advice you

7. redlider

redlider Member

well yesteday i order my duo 2 se from chipmode.com or somethinglaike that, it seems is come from atlanta, i will whait until friday or monday arrive at office and the im going back to the guy that put the oter chip onmy ps2 that inst a duo2se, or maybe is a chip modifiqued of the duo 2se he he

well im gona back the chip on my ps2 and put a orignal duo2 se , because the chip on my ps2 now they didnt say for any side duo, he is white only whit any mark or any legent about the name of the chip, and the chip duo2 or se, they are printed over the chip fron face, and whit that im gona trpw it to that guy that wasa impostor chip. hope they return my money

or take a part of the money i pay and he solder my new chip.