1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

chip in, cant flash!! x2.3b lite +cromwell 2.28 flashbios

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by will856, Mar 12, 2005.

1. will856

will856 Member

please help me...im pulling my hair out for almost 24 hours over here. chip went in perfect. i keep getting a "no bios update found...halting" prompt. i might have the wrong bios, i dont even know...help a newbie out please!!

2. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

first get a hold of xbtool and use it to open your bios and configure it, then once the bios is configured burn it to a dvd-r and make sure you also burn a Dummy file with it so the xbox can read it properly. drop the disk in your box then reboot. If done correctly it should read the bios, flash the chip, then reboot to the MS dash. Once that happens, you should be good, just transfer over your dashboard and you are good to go!

3. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

I hope you still have some hair left because that bios you are using (cromwell) will not allow you to play backup games. That is only used for running linux on your xbox. You need a bios such as Evox M8 or Xecuter 3

4. will856

will856 Member

ok, ive got the x2 bios manager...is that what i need? the consensus from what im reading seems to say that i need to put an identical bios in bank 1 & 2, then save & name the file BIOS.BIN and make sure it's 512 kb. so i did that and made a 100 mb DUMMY.BIN file. i burned them together onto an ISO disc with NERO onto a dvd-r. when i put it in, i get the "no bios update found...halting" prompt. the bios i used was something i found on teamexecuter's site (flashbios v303). is there a such thing as the wrong bios? everything seems very specific. like i said, im a newbie. i had never even HEARD of flashBIOS until yesterday.