1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chip - Modded PSP

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by algtz1, May 15, 2007.

1. algtz1

algtz1 Regular member

Since lower firmware PSPs are difficult to find. I guess my only other option is to buy a refurbished chip-modded PSP I saw online. My question is if I do get this pre-modded console can I still play ripped backup umd games and downloaded isos without doing anything else (modds/flahsing/etc)? Would I need to just place these isos,csos into the memeory stick root directory and play away? Or will i need to do anything else. The chip that I am looking at is the Undiluted Platinum Mod chip.

2. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

The mod chip only allows you to change your firmware easily. It does not let you play homebrew/iso. You will still need to upgrade to an OE to do that. (unless, of course, that psp already has OE firmware)

Edit:
    BTW, lower firmware psp's are not hard to find. They are all over the place on ebay.(some times you gotta ask the seller).

Last edited: May 15, 2007
  3. algtz1

algtz1 Regular member

Thanks for the info. I guess I will keep looking for a PSP with a lower firmware then.