1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

chip not working

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by jace0014, Mar 14, 2005.

1. jace0014

jace0014 Member

I've had my modded xbox for about a year now. It has a xecuter 2.3b lite plus. Now suddenly the lite with all the little switches on the outside of the xbox will light up for a split second and then turns off. causing my xbox to boot without the chip. Which sucks. And yes all the lights on the chip inside of the xbox lights up. Any suggestions on what I should do.

2. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Check you D0!!!! If your D0 is not in place and you have the stock OEM HD in?? the Xbox will boot to the MS Dashboard because the oem drive is already locked. On the other hand, if you have a large HD in and your D0 wasn't in place then you would get an error 5 because the drive needs to be locked for the MS Dash. Your D0 pretty much enables the chip... without the D0 in place the xbox just boots the retail bios. sounds like that is your problem. Check your install and let us know how it goes. Do you have the stock HD in?? I forgot to ask you if your Xbox boots up to Ms Dash?? Anyways, keep in touch......

Last edited: Mar 15, 2005