1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chipped ps2 plays copy but using swap magic 3.3 is a NO!!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ifalk22, Feb 9, 2005.

1. ifalk22

ifalk22 Guest

I have been having trouble with burning downloaded games. Tried allsorts. Finally got one to boot,but stops. After lots of foot stampin and abusive language, got friend to try on chipped ps2. Works perfectly. I have looked for fixes for swap magic but there aren't any on the site. ames are FIFA 05 and GT4 prologue!! Any ideas?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

I have Fifa 05 and it worked perfect with swap magic 2.0 after burning it, you may have just gotten a bad copy off the net. Is GT4 Gran Tourismo 4? The last one they made? I also have that one, but i have the original. What program do you use to burn them? Are you using Winrar to extract it after it is complete to get to the iso file to burn?
    I know...i know too many questions not enough answers.
    It's the only way to get to the root of things and fix the problem.

3. ifalk22

ifalk22 Guest

Could be bad image will try on chipped console. I'm trying GT4 prologue. I'm using winrar to extract the cue bin files and nero to burn the image. SwapMagic 3.3. Any copies of my originals I make all work fine. Don't get how dloadgames only work on a chipped ps2 n not sm one!! Also with there not bein a fix on swapmagic fix.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

Not sure the ones i have did work. I do not have a chip, just Swap Magic and a fliptop.I use Nero every now and then, but mostly uses DVD Decrypter to burn my stuff. I would like to help you more but like i said the whole downloading games subject is quite taboo due to the legal issues.

5. futura123

futura123 Member

Steimy-How did you make a backup of Gran Tourismo 4?

6. lucifer69

lucifer69 Regular member

dude sometimes download games are damage so they may not boot coreccly or they may have an error