1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chipped PS2 won't play Import Games

Discussion in 'PS2' started by C_SE, Sep 29, 2016.

1. C_SE

C_SE Member

Hi everyone

I lucked out and found a PS2 fat silver model which has a Matrix Infinity chip inside. Now I am a complete noob with PS2 modding but Idid a little research and opened up the PS2 to see that the chip has a green dot on it so I think this means that the chip is not a clone.

So with that in mind I upgraded the software from 1.69 to 1.82 (I have downloaded 1.93 firmware discs but they are all 1.82 firmware for some reason). The PS2 works fine in that it boots my PAL games no problem and I think the chip is working because I can hold triangle and circle and enter what I think is Infinity Manager (can play around with settings to make PAL games boot 60Hz etc...).

So I purchased Katamari Damacy because I have always wanted to play it. It is the US NTSC version. Popped it in thinking it would just boot straight up and it goes to the red screen telling me the disc is not valid.

So is this normal behavious for Matrix Infinity? Bare in mind I have not yet tried to play any backup games, just the one import game.

Cheers

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Should play any region when a modchip is installed,however ps2's are not my specialty,however this site may help if there's no answers or nothing in forum search here at AD.It would pay to take a photo of your installed chip if someone requires it to identify

http://www.theisozone.com/community/

Edit: check your ps2 can play the type of disc you used for instance it may not play dvd+r etc

smokyrain likes this.