1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chipped Xbox, no dashboard

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by YayPills, Dec 3, 2004.

1. YayPills

YayPills Guest

Hi, i have a chipped xbox (i dont know what chip or xbox version, sorry) with Evo-x utilities stored on it. The xbox worked fine for around 2 weeks before the dashboard 'broke'.
    the xbox still works fine and chipped games still run but when i try to get to the dashboard the green and red light flashes and an error screen comes up with "21" in the top left corner, i cant delete any saves or download any more music onto my xbox, does anyone know how to fix this? thanks.

2. scottas

scottas Guest

How were you downloading music? By FTP? If so try ftping the evox files to the c drive of the xbox. If you can't ftp, burn an evox disk. If you use an auto installer disk (like slayers) make sure to just install the dash, don't format, so you won't lose your stuff on the hdd. The best is to ftp, it will allow you to do so much more and also give you a better understanding of how it all works.

3. meggo

meggo Member

i just modded my xbox and i was about to download slayers on to my xbox. I was told to make sure i dont format my hdd. i just saw you talking about it and i am wondering what that meens. when i put the slayers disk in my xbox what exactly should i do and what should i not do

4. doostman

doostman Member

anyone know what the recommended hdd capacity is for evox? i have an aladdin mod w/ programmer and a preloaded 120gb hdd. i'm getting an error 5. is slayer essential? do i need to flash the mod? is a boot disc necessary and if so does it need to be an xiso? completely new at this and all i am looking for is the basics and how to's so i can get my mod up and running w/ the new hdd. then i will figure out network configs and everything else afterwards.

thank you for any help,
    doostman