1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

chipped xbox won't recognise discs - please help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by 0blivion, Jun 20, 2007.

1. 0blivion

0blivion Member

Had my xbox chipped got a backup game off a friend put it in drive and ok. So, I downloaded slayers.iso burnt it using nero and magic but xbox does not recognise the cd-r, cd-rw or dvd-rw media that I have used. my xbox also won't recognise any other disc that I burn myself (dvd, music or game). What am I doing wrong? Please help.
    (I have searched the forums but I can't find a similar problem/solution). I don't know which chip I have or which model xbox. All I can say is that I have an xbox crystal which powers up as normal when switched on with eject button and powers up in evox mode when powered up with power button. It has the original hard drive and xbox dashboard.

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Which drive do you have?

[​IMG]

Will it play real games? Are you trying to boot the backup from Evox (Chipped)mode?

DVDs will only work with an application loaded, like XBMC, etc.

You also can't directly burn Xbox games, they have to be decoded. Make sure that is not what you are doing! Do the games work in a different chipped Xbox?

3. 0blivion

0blivion Member

nice one chunkhead, I appreciate your help. I have a samsung drive in my xbox but its working ok now. It worked fine anyway but not with my backups. I bought some new disks which work now, the only difference being for my previouse attempts I used - disks which did not work. The disks I have now are + and work fine. Thanks for your help 0blivion