1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

chipping slim ps2 in the UK???

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by stephyg, Apr 20, 2005.

1. stephyg

stephyg Member

I know links arent allowed, but does anyone know of reliable chipping service in the UK - had some bad experiences recently, so Id rather ask.

stephyg2005@gmail.com

2. norfolkin

norfolkin Guest

Stephyg, you can't put your e-mail in your post- it's against the rules! With regards to chipping your PS2, don't bother!. Swap Magic disks (V3.3) and Slim tool work perfectly for me! (Warranty is still in tact as well!)Had trouble myself finding a reliable service in the UK to chip my PS2_ All the places I asked told me to use swap magic!!!!

3. R1chie

R1chie Member

if i were u mate i would get it chipped u may lose u warranty

but having to put patches and rebuilding sum games with the swap magic was enough to convince me to chip mine coz none of that is neede with a chip.

plus if u use top quality media like ritek g05 for your games ur ps2 will have a long life with no probs.

ps2' only start goin wrong wen ya get ppl tryin to put a 4.7 gig game on to a cd-r and stuff like that so the laser has to work so much harderand eventually it will pop.

but i would defo go with a modchip and ritek g05.

4. R1chie

R1chie Member

also go to bowlers in manchester

just look on the net 4 directions its a very well known place

and they have a computer fair there every saturday

and look 4 a stall called "Midland console modifications"

there the best in there, also well priced

plus ya get a years warranty on the chip!!

avoid any 1 else coz if anythin goes wrong, they will just tell ya were to go.