1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Choice Reciever help?

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by JckRbbt, Aug 9, 2011.

1. JckRbbt

JckRbbt Member

I have a home theater setup, that is all in all, sufficient. However, I have 7 things all going to one receiver, and it only accepts 3 video inputs. So if I wanna use something not in the original rotation, I have to get behind it, and mess with the wires. I know I could get one of those multi boxes, and run a few into it, and then run it into the receiver, but that isnt how I want to do things. So, can anyone recomend a decent, not fancy, dont need 7.1, but decent receiver with at least 6 composite inputs and at least 1 HDMI input? I do not use it for music, so the audio isnt too big except I do have to be able to hook the speakers into it of course.

2. Mr_Bill06

Mr_Bill06 Member

Can any of your devices use component cables? Onkyo has a receiver TX-SR308 with 4 composite, 3 component, 3 HDMI. There is also a Yamaha RX-V467 it has 4 as well but 2 have different audio inputs 1 needs the optical the other needs coax digital cable for sound has similar specs to the Onkyo for the rest. I don't think you will find a reasonably priced new receiver that supports that many analog inputs a lot are putting more HDMI inputs. I think you may end up having to sacrifice and get a box switcher. I had years back bought a decent one made by Phillips I believe for my receiver that only had 2 inputs and it worked well. It would switch to the correct input that was being used by itself was not the ones where u have to press a button.

3. cactikid

cactikid Active member