1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Choosing a chip, help someone new! :D

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by adam827, Aug 12, 2007.

1. adam827

adam827 Guest

Hi guys, I am new to this board, but i have read a good bit of information. I was just hoping to get a little bit of advice about my upcoming chip purchase. I recently purchased my Wii (about 2 weeks ago), and I would like to put a modchip in it. I was wondering if anyone could give me a suggestion on what chip will be compatible with my Wii, will be easy to install, and the actual likelyhood of any firmware updates from nintendo bricking my system and possible ways to avoid it. Thanks very much in advance

2. brucedlx

brucedlx Regular member

there is a good chance that your wii has a D2C chipset, in which case, modding it = impossible.

Chance of an update bricking your wii? There is a chance, and nintendo even has a warning messsage that tells you so when u try to update now.

Best modchip? That is debatable, but I would say wiikey.

3. adam827

adam827 Guest

is there any way to check and see what chipset it is? by impossible, do you mean ever or just currently?

4. adam827

adam827 Guest

I have heard some people say that the D2C chipset is only in european systems, is that true?

5. brucedlx

brucedlx Regular member

Well, knowing today's hackers, I would say that eventually there will be a way to mod the D2C chipset. But right now, it is impossible to do it, and it is also impossible to tell until you actually physically unscrew your wii casing and look inside.

As far as them only being in Europe, I've never heard of it. Some places sell pre-modded wii's, they are a bit pricier but you can be 100% worry free that way since they obviously test it b4 shipping it to you.

6. adam827

adam827 Guest

Hmmm.....i guess i will just have to open it up and see...would probably be too much trouble to try and sell my wii and buy a premodded one. I guess I will have to wait and see what chipset it is, and if it is D2C then I will wait on the next line of chips :(.

7. ninjapath

ninjapath Regular member

No, don't pick the wiikey. The wiikey team said that it update is not compatible with D2B chipset, and most likely you have a D2B or D2C which is not moddable at the moment. You guy may not noticed but the wiikey is no longer the best modchip, it only good in the old day because it was the first modchip to come up with dvd update feature, nowadays all modchip can do it and even better than the wiikey. Why? the wiikey currently still have gamecube audio problem, second it doesn't have a disable option to disable the chip. All other chip worked perfectly fine for gamecube and can be disable.

I recommend the Wiinja deluxe for having the best gamecube compatible and do the same thing as the wiikey.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2007
  8. adam827

adam827 Guest

Hey, i've seen online where people are modding their D2C chipset through removing part of the chip. I was just wondering if there is any service that will do this for me?? I know that other people are installing the chips on the previous sets for a price. If anyone knows, let me know.

9. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

well give us the link so we can see this for ourselves- as of recent news it was not possible