1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Choosing and finding an appropriate bios and dashboard suite

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by tc_doell, Mar 17, 2005.

1. tc_doell

tc_doell Member

Hello all, I have read threads for over an hour now and I still can't find a reliable irc to download an xbox bios and dashboard suite. I have a Version 1.6 xbox and the mod chip is installed. I just got a wireless adaptor so now I'm itching to get this Xbox rolling. Can someone direct me towards an appropriate suite and either an irc channel or an ftp site to download this stuff from.

Thanks

2. kakeakeai

kakeakeai Regular member

3. tc_doell

tc_doell Member

kakeakeai, I have tried using the products you suggested. I created a BIOS boot disk and put it into my xbox and now I have encoutered some problems. The eject button displays an error light. First blinking Green twice and then blinks red continuously. I can get to the Xenium start up menu just fine, but when I go to launch the retail TSOP, I get the regular Xbox boot and then an error screen with a 5 in the corner and instructions to call customer service. I have ofcourse gone back an opened up the xbox to ensure that the mod chip is installed properly and that is just fine. So by reading through some threads I have determined there is a BIOS problem and now I am trying to aliviate it. I have the original V1.6 Xbox and harddrive with the Xenium solderless mod chip. I was attempting to install the evolution X BIOS and dashboard.

4. kakeakeai

kakeakeai Regular member

both the evox m8 bios and evox dash are on those links. just install the dash and flash the chip with evox.