1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

choosing DVD to play in Pioneer in 04 Suburban

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by jkantor, Nov 15, 2004.

1. jkantor

jkantor Member

I have a Pioneer DVD player in my 04 Z71 Suburban. I have tried Sony DVD-r, Radius DVD +R, Taiyo Yuden Silver Thermal +R, and Memorex -R, in attempting to find the HOLY GRAIL of dvd discs that will work.

For all of the discs, I changed the bitset to DVD-ROM prior to burning with DvdDecrypter. I have been ripping with DVD Shrink 3.2.

The Memorex discs will always start playing, but freezes after about 5 minutes.
    The Radius will sometimes work.
    All the others either just sit there and spin and come up with nothing, or the word "FORMAT ERROR" appears on the screen.

Pioneer says that player is made by someone else especially for GM...therefore it appears to be a propriatary player that has no model # and Pioneer isnt claiming.

I am going broke trying to find the right discs to burn so the kids can watch some flicks in the truck. Any insight or suggestions (other than taking a freakin hammer to the player) would really be appreciated.

thanks and peace,
    jay

2. Higgsbsun

Higgsbsun Regular member

You've already tried the best media - Taiyo Yuden, the fault must lie elsewhere. Do your disks play in set tops and PCs OK? Does the truck player accept commercial pressed DVDs without problems?

3. jkantor

jkantor Member

They play great in my JVC set top and my sons PS2. The commercial disks play great in the suburban.

4. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... Try some ProDisc -R ... they're Pioneer certified ...