1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

chopping the end off of a vob file...

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by bloop, Nov 27, 2002.

1. bloop

bloop Member

Trying to back up Reign of Fire...I'm a little over 300 megs too big for one disc. The credits start part way through the last chapter. How do I cut that part of the vob off? I have chopper 1.0 and vob edit, but have no clue as to how to remove the unneeded portion of the vob. Vobedit looks like gibberish to me, and chopper 1.0 doesn't come with instructions. I can't use ChopperXP, cuz I'm still using Win 98 SE...any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. kewlbass

kewlbass Guest

I was able to chop the trailing credits of Changing Lanes by using VOB Tool v0.06. I just loaded the last vob and deleted the last section.

3. Z3!

Z3! Member

bloop,

Get yourself a copy of vobsplitter, its V simple to use. Simply load the VOB file that you want to split in the files tab, go to the split menu, & there you'll find 2 small slider bars. 1 is for the start point, and the other is for the end point. So just slide the end point slider back enough to chop out the credits. It then copies your selection to a new VOB (you name this output file in the file tab).

Then just hit start and away it goes. Its a bit hit-and-miss with the number of bytes to chop out, so it may take a couple of attempts. There's also an option to join VOB files.

Happy splitting !