1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Choppy Games

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Fold, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Fold

Fold Member

Tried burning NBA Live 2005 a couple of times,

since my burner does not support burning at 1x, i tried burning at the next lowest speed of 2x

however burning of different media have given me choppy games, the video introductions are laggy, the load screens take forever?

is it the fault of the media or the burning speed, since some can burn at incredible speeds and still play smoothly

2. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

Buring slower won't cause bad burns, but may be unnessecary for some. Its definitely a matter of media. What version PS2 do you have? And what kinda media have you used?

3. Fold

Fold Member

have tried with maxell, amark and fujifilm

4. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

Brand doesn't matter, its the media ID that counts. Read up on media id here:
    http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm
    You can check the media id of your disks with dvd decrypter, but i can say that those brands are pretty bad. Better media like Taiyo Yuden would definitely help. What version ps2 do you have?

5. Ludikhris

Ludikhris Guest

First he says "brand doesnt matter" then he says "using better media like TY will help" so which is it? Seriously sounds like you are using media that is not certified for you burner. Buy media at Meritline.com, you can check each media type to see if it works well with your hardware. You should be ok with any type of TY or Ritek G04s. Definitly stop playing choppy games. POOF goes your laser, could be in minutes could be days, but if media doesnt read well no more PS2.
    Ludikhris

6. rottenegz

rottenegz Member

its definately the dvd media you are useing. I burned x-men legends on a noname crap dvd and it played like shit, then burned it on a benQ dvd(wich isnt great but better then the oterh) and it worked pretty good.

7. Freakin

Freakin Member

I think i know what Balaam says, after clicking his link and reading the article on digitalfaq. if you got a faulty dvd burn, and want to burn it on another media, don't burn it on another brand whit the same media ID. for exampl, you got a faulty burn using verbatim media, and you want to burn it out on sony media. Then if i'm correct, you will still have the same problem, coz both those media uses the same media id.

8. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

Ludikhris:
    It is very simple and anyone with any experience burning DVD's should know that the quality of the media has no connection to its brand, it is all dependant on who manufactured the disk, or the Media ID. These are almost always different. Taiyo Yuden is one of the few exceptions, they manufacture the disks they sell and are universally regarded as very high quality.

Before you question someone elses knowledge, you should make sure you know what you're talking about first.

9. Ludikhris

Ludikhris Guest

Im sorry to tell you this but brand does matter. I realize that other companys manufacture the discs and therefore use vairous dyes etc, but the statement that "brand doesnt matter" is utterly misleading. You may know burning DVDs but communicating is something you should learn to do as well. Going with a solid brand has never failed me because they use good manufacturers. Good dyes. Just dont say things that counter each other, it confuses people. Its manufacturer that counts, and good brands use good manufacturers.

Ludikhris

10. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

Except that many brands package disks manufactured by many different companies. For instance with fujifilm and especially memorex, from batch to batch you can almost be guarenteed to get different manufacturers disks. Some might be decent quality, some might be crap. Thats why it is not reliable to just go by the brand name, you must check the media ID. My first post was clear enough for a person of average intelligence to understand, and I also included the link to a fairly comprehensive list of brand vs media id. Maybe you should check up on that list too. Thats my last post on the subject. Can't be made to waste any more time on such trivial matters.

11. Fold

Fold Member

Balaam has a pt