1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Choppy, skippy gameplay..

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by ViSi0n, Aug 10, 2004.

1. ViSi0n

ViSi0n Guest

I made a backup of Madden 2005 and it loads fine, but the gameplay is terrible. Everything about it just seems so slow. Slow loading times, it loads things constantly in gameplay, the background sounds skip about every 5 second, overall the game just acts slow and is hard to play. It has done this on another game also on the same media. (ESPN 2K5)

I'm not sure what is causing this. I have tried original games and they seem to work fine, so I don't think it's my lense, matter of fact I cleaned it just to make sure. I think I'm burning it wrong or my PS2 doesn't like my media.

Lite-On 811S
    Memorex DVD-R at 1x (but burned at 1.4x-1.5)
    Version 4 PS2
    Swap Magic & Slide Card
    DVD Encrypter

Thanks for any help in advance.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2004
  2. Xman2004

Xman2004 Regular member

Memorex media are horrible. I backed up 3 games-1 didn't work at all, the other 2 completely froze, skipped, paused, u name it. Memorex suck! Go with Maxell, Verbatim or TDK

3. ViSi0n

ViSi0n Guest

Well, I didn't try what you suggested, but I did try some Ritek G04s and it does slightly play better, not near as much skipping and such, but it still does it. Commemtary still skips and loading times are still kinda slow. I may try some Verbatim media next time.

When I burn it using DVD Decrypter it burns at 1.4x-1.5x even though I select 1x. Is there a way to make it burn exactly at 1x? I think that may be a problem.

Improvement is good, but I'm still looking to get it working flawlessly. I have just run out of ideas.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2004
  4. kill3rb

kill3rb Member

I have the same problem as you. I dont' get it my madden 05, fight night, and nba ballers is all choppy for like every 5 secs. It's impossible to play. I used a TDK disc and used dvd decrypter (i have magic swap). What am i doing wrong? Plz can someone reply to this thread thanks.

Another note, it worked fine with my friends, but he chipped it, he didnt' have magic swap. k thanks

5. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

try cleaning your ps2 laser lens.

6. nintari

nintari Member

HEy, I too used memorex media...and had the SAME issues you're having. Then I changed to Maxell and now I have perfect burns.

Get off the memorex and try better brands. Also, check to see what your burner offically supports. Usually burners have a list of media that they work better with.

Should be in the manual.

7. Sir_BMW

Sir_BMW Guest

i tried so many different medias. Ritek and Fuji is the best. Hope u guys didn't missed out on the Fuji 50 pack DVD-R on sale at Bestbuy last week for $39.99. That's one hell of a deal!!! I just hate buying online cause you got to wait and i hate paying by credit card. i'd rather just pay cash for them.

8. Xman2004

Xman2004 Regular member

which country do u live in? usa or canada?

9. Sir_BMW

Sir_BMW Guest

10. kill3rb

kill3rb Member

still same results. I just got Ritek Ridata G04 dvd-r's and still the same result. Is it my System? i have a V4 ps2. Can someone plz give me advise cuz this is really annoying. STill can't back up fight night. Also, when i read with dvd decrypter it goes up to like 4x is that bad? I set it to the lowest but still goes that high. ANyways any help is appreciated thanks.

11. sideshow

sideshow Regular member

Dont always entirely blame your media for not loading in your modded PS2. Your system may need maitenance as far as putting some rubbing alchohol on your laser lens or adjusting the pots for a last resort method.