1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Choppy video, please help

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by dfiddy, Oct 14, 2004.

1. dfiddy

dfiddy Guest

I had an mpeg which i converted to vob files using Sizzle for mac, worked great double checked to see if it would work in "DVD player" on my mac worked great. Write it to a Memorex (they were free, i know they are not the greatest quality for different media types) DVD-RW using Toast Titanium, just to see if it would burn ok. Tried it on two of my home theatre dvd players...nothing, probably doesn't support DVD-rw formats. The DVD-RW will play on my computer. Tried burning to another Memorex DVD+R will play fine on my computer, choppy on one of my home dvd players, and not at all on my other home dvd player. I tried burning at all all speeds it best, 2x, and 4x. Any suggestions. I am gonna try them on more dvd players tomorrow. Thanks for any input.

2. dfiddy

dfiddy Guest

ok so tried it on a bunch of sony, toshiba, and panasonic progressive scan home dvd players, and same thing. Will play choppy on some and not at all on some others. Although it will play fine on a Pioneer AVHP6600 in dash dvd player for cars? WTF is going on? I've backed up many a movie and then burnt to DVD+R. I think the problem is the encoding procedure of Sizzle. Any input would be great.

3. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

The first thing I would do is try some different media. Those problems are common with memorex. Try some Taiyo Yuden, branded Ritek Ridata, Ricohjpn, branded Sony, or Verbatum. Also dvd-r (not necessarily dvd-rw)is more compatable with older set top players.

4. dfiddy

dfiddy Guest

Hey thanks for the reply mang. I'll try burning to dvd-r's and see what happens, i just hate this trial and error BS. Is there a guide to burning and converting different file formats and such for Mac? If not there should be one. Thanks again Mort81.

5. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

I'm not familiar with mac but you might try looking under the guides tab at the top of the page. Good luck and welcomb to AD.