1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christina Aguilera - Stripped a no-go

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by zoethecus, Nov 3, 2007.

1. zoethecus

zoethecus Member

Hi folks,

I have been using DVDfab with great success every movie I have tried to copy has gone off without a glitch. They play on any computer and every standard DVD player I have tried. I have recently tried to copy Christina Aguilera - Stripped - Live in the UK .It will play fine in any computer DVD player, but standard DVD player's will not recognize the disc. I have tried to copy this disc four times with the same results. Any ideas?

thank you for your help

2. tripplite

tripplite Guest

that fact its playing on computers says that the disc is not corrupt

older dvd players may not support -r/+r,
    your problem is probably because the dvd players your running it on doesn't have +r/-r support. Computer dvd players however always (98%) have +r/-r support.

try trouble shooting these issues, (i don't have dvdfab so be patient with me)
    1) try converting the "Christina Aguilera" video to another format (Mp4, AVI, Divx..) then loading it into dvdfab and burning.
    2) switch from +r to -r, or the other way around
    3) use the same brand of disc's you used for previous burns, same dvdfab configuration
    4) Did you update your dvdfab, if so downgrade it could be the problem
    5) Because your drive is making a burn and reading the disc i don't see it as a driver issue, so we can X out that possiblity

... i can help you further if you give me....
    OS (Operating System)
    DVDFAB version
    brand of disc's used in past, and for current burn
    ?+R? or ?-r?

3. zoethecus

zoethecus Member

Tripplite:

thank you very much I will try these suggestions. I actually have an older version of DVDFab

I had tried the copied disc on three DVD players. With one being new out of the (currect model).

4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

it is not the program that's the problem when a DVD won't play on stand alone players! it's the media! Even media that used to work may not be the same quality that previous media used before is, even in the same spindle of disks!!!!! Amazing, huh? Well it's true. here are the tips to getting all your media to work with players:
    there are plenty of reasons why certain dvds won't play in other players:

1. burning speeds: burn at 4x so there will be less writing errors (rule of thumb is to burn at half the rated speed of the disk--8X disk burn at 4x).
    2. read manual for your stand alone player and use the disks that will play in your player. If your player is less than 2 yrs old then it should play the + or - R disks! I said SHOULD that's why you read the manual.
    3. try booktyping your drive to DVd-ROM so it will make your +R disks more compatible to players. Read this:
    http://k-probe.com/bitsetting-booktype-faq.php
    4. make sure that there are no finger prints or scratches on your disk that make it hard for the player to read the disk!
    5. use good quality media (rule of thumb....buy the ones that are Made in Japan.) Verbatim is a top notch disk and is the only exception to this rule....some Verbatims are made in Taiwan and they are top notch!
    6. and don't burn too close to the outer edge of the disk ..... which will make the disk unreadable! but using good media you will be able to burn close to the edge better than lesser quality media. Just in case I only burn no closer than 4400MB, so if you can set your programs to that, all the better!

follow these little tips of the trade and you'll have better success! good luck.

also read this:
    http://www.cdfreaks.com/reviews/Why-DVDRW-is-superior-to-DVD-RW/
    why the +R media is better than the -R media

welcome to Afterdawn!

5. tripplite

tripplite Guest

as i said before
    i second IHOE's comment this could be one of your problems

6. zoethecus

zoethecus Member

Hi everyone,

I would like to start by saying thank you for all of your help and suggestions. I downloaded the latest version of DVDFab which has a feature mine did not called Pathplayer. I tried that along with the suggestions given here and I was able to make a back up copy of the disc.

Thank you once again for all of your time and help!

7. tripplite

tripplite Guest

glade it worked out