1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christmas lights and power cycles with and without my mod chip installed

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by bigkid54, Jan 22, 2004.

1. bigkid54

bigkid54 Member

Well here goes. I have a Executer mod chip in and have been using it for months. Went in no problem. It is screwed in and the connections are spring loaded, so none of the soldering I have been reading about. Today I started having big time hanging of the system even in regular store bought games, so I thought the first thing to check is the mod chip. I think it is a 2.0 version, it does not say on the chip and I can not get in to look at it. Also I have no idea as to tell which version of xbox I have, I do know I bought it right when they came out, so have to assume 1.0. Anyhow I removed the chip and now when I power on it power cycles 3 times and flashed red and green around the eject button, and the drive does not eject. I see many folks here have these issues, however they all say it is when trying to install a chip and the xbox works fine with the chip removed. Mine has these symptoms with or with the chip in. Sometimes the chip is red and sometimes green upon powering up, and occasionally I can get the drive to open, however I have checked all the connections, went to rca cables vs the HD cables I normally use. I still get a black screen. Other than hanging the system, I did not have these issues until I removed the mod chip, and now its presence seems irrelevant...Any thoughts as to what I did and how to rectify it? Thanks!!!

2. MikeDDR

MikeDDR Regular member

In most cases this is a bios issue. To happen like that seems suspect as maybe your chip fried but it could be only the bios. You should try to reflash the chip. As for what happens also when the chip isn't on then that means that probably your on-board bios is corrupted or worse something is fried... I'm sorry I can't be more precise as there can be lots of reason for that but first try to realign your chip again and again, it could be only that!