1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chrome DVD-A Authoring question

Discussion in 'High resolution audio' started by tomago, Aug 30, 2004.

1. tomago

tomago Member

I have a VIDEO_TS/videotrack with 2audios, one is AC3 and second one DTS. I'd like to access it with Add Video Link but with the DTS (2nd audio). Is it possible or only 1st audio is accessible?

2. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

This should be okay.
    The restrictions concerning imported Video_TS folders are quite severe though. But it do say the following:
    "• Number of audio streams shall be 1 or 2, with one stream being Linear PCM or AC-3 (if playlist title only consists of Video Title)."

Which says to me that as long as your stream one in the VTS is either PCM or AC3, the second one can indeed be DTS.

3. tomago

tomago Member

One is AC3, the second one is DTS. I don't know how to play the videotrack+the second audio(DTS) from a DVD-A menu.

The next thing I can't solve is: How to add a manual advance slideshow to a track and the slides can be also listed with a NEXT and PREV button. I saw it at many DVD-A. How is it working?

4. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

Once you have linked the VTS from the Audio manager, all you do to switch streams is hit the "Audio" button on the players remote.
    You cannot preview from the Chrome interface.

As for the slideshow, nothing simpler.
    Right click the track, select Track properties, go to still image properties from that window that appears.
    Browse to the still you wish to use, and then import it and set the time manually.

Not in front of Chrome right now, but it is all in both the manual and the online help, complete with screenshots.
    Trust me - it is really easy.

5. petrovic

petrovic Member

Ok for the timed slideshow, but when you want to put subpictures on slides (vary helpfull for software players like WinDVD), then will be able to browse with keyboard keys Left, Right & Enter. That's more intuitive way for consumers.

Playing the second audio stream from VTS is possible only when you create DVD-Video Project in Sonic Scenarist because it allow you to make 2 Titles with same video+audio track. Then you put Pre command for every Title, one will set Audio Stream=1 and second will set Audio Stream=2.

6. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

Not correct at all.
    There are a couple of apps out there that allow switching of Audio streams from the remote.
    EncoreDVD for one - I do it all the time with up to 8 audio streams available.

You can also do a manual slideshow in Chrome too - it tells you exactly how to do it in the manual.

7. tomago

tomago Member

Okay, thanks for your replies but your probably don't understand what I need :) I've also read the manual Wilkes and can't find it there.

1. I have created a menu with some buttons LOGO AC3 and LOGO DTS. When I click LOGO AC3 button then it should play e.g. VTS#1 with audio #1 and when I click the LOGO DTS button then it should play the same VTS#1 but with audio #2. I don't want to change the audiostreams with my remote. My solution (which I don't like) is to create VTS#2 with the same video but #1 audio will be DTS. Is there no other way?

2. I know the manual advance slideshow function very well, but when you look e.g. the Eagles DVD-A you can list the lyrics slides also with ONSCREEN Buttons. MAIN MENU, PLAYLIST, SONG CREDITS, NEXT PAGE OF LYRICS, PREV PAGE OF LYRICS. The track is playing and you can list in the LYRICS pages in two ways:
    -ANGLE/PAGE on my remote (like classic manual advance slideshow)
    -highlighting the NEXT/PREV button on screen and hitting ENTER on my remote (like calling next menu, but it's not a menu, it's a slide)
    I'd like to make the same but don't know how to join the menu&manual advance slideshow feature together.

8. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

Lets try & sort this out...
    Point 1/.
    This is all in the DVD-V authoring application. What you need to do in this is create a separate VTS with each type of audio if you don't want to use the remote.
    Chrome links to the VTS - not the audio stream.
    So, logically, if the VTS has 2 audio streams, once it is playing you can switch.
    The other way is to author it the way you want it to work in your DVDV authoring software.
    Remember you are not linking to a menu in DVD-A hybrids - but directly to the actual timeline instead.

For point 2, you need to get into the custom menu features for this.
    It can be done - my better half has done it. But she's the menu wizard & designer for us, and that just makes my head ache.
    But it can be done.
    The custom menu functions will allow you to set active menu screens, where the navigation buttons still all work.
    It is definitely not the kind of thing you can just do "on the fly" as it were.
    You must plan this out on paper first - and work out exactly what needs to go where, and how you get to and from each screen.

Chrome's menu creation is much more complex than "the other ones" (Sonic DVD-A Creator).
    It's only downside is no PSD import - you must create each menu independantly.

9. tomago

tomago Member

Thank you guys, I have next question about the active menu issue.

I have MAIN MENU with 4 buttons
    SONG1 SONG2
    SONG3 SONG4

For every song I have a SONG MENU with PREVIOUS,NEXT,BACKTOMENU buttons.

SONG MENU 1 is active with TRACK1. SONG MENU 2 with TRACK2...

When I hit the SONG1 button in MAIN MENU I call TRACK1 and SONG MENU1 appears. That's okay.
    But when I call TRACK2 then I hear TRACK2 but see SONG MENU1 again instead of SONG MENU2...

When I call SONG MENU1,2... from MAIN MENU then the correct menu appears but I can hear no track.

What's the solution?

10. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

Not sure.
    I will fire it up today, and have a good look at it all.

What version of Chrome are you using?
    (There are issues with some versions)

11. tomago

tomago Member

Maybe my problem is solved.
    The four songs were actually one track separated by track points. But when I cut the track into 4 tracks then it works. I don't get logic of it.

12. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

Get the update from Tech Support.