1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cingular 8125 questions

Discussion in 'PDA discussion' started by Dacian, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Dacian

Dacian Member

Now that they're down to a hundred bucks, I'm going to be buying one. But first, I thought I'd come and talk to the experts to get a few things straigtened out.

First, It's a Pocket PC with a cell phone built in, so does that mean it can use Pocket PC applications and games?

Second, is there any internal storage space? I'm going to buy 3 2GB SD Mini cards for it, but I want to know if I could put my ringtones directly on the phone to save space.

And Third, can it be synced to a Windows 98SE computer?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  2. juliusm

juliusm Member

1 - some, not all
    2 - yep, but not a lot. there are workarounds where you can store your ringtones on your memory card. no biggie.
    3 - for shizzle. you just need the appropriate activesync version correctly installed and you're good to go ^_^

3. Dacian

Dacian Member

Sweetness, thanks a lot!

I do have one more question though, can PPC games be played on it?

4. certel

certel Member

I just replaced my Pocket PC with a Blackberry Pearl. I didn't really like the Pocket PC. It was a little big but surprisingly the Windows OS didn't operate too badly. I had a couple of freezes but thing I would complain about. Depending on what you're going to use it for you may like it, but I didn't need all the features.

5. Dacian

Dacian Member

Actually, if it has a lot of features, that's what will probably be best for me. I want it as a PPC, but also as a Media player for Movies and MP3's.

6. Dacian

Dacian Member

Oh, I also heard that a 4gb Mini SD would work if you formatted it in FAT16, is that true? I'd love to have that much space on it.

7. vishal679

vishal679 Member

i want cingular 8125 network code can some one help me