1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CINTRO FOR 3.03 OE-C!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by gasconade, Mar 2, 2007.

1. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

okay folks! ^_______^

I know! I know! "Cintro doesnt work on OE-C" I keep hearing it, and i do not believe that to be correct....there is a new flashless Cintro Mod out....and i was trying to figure out how to run it....

ive seen plenty chatter about it being tested on 3.xx CFW's but i want to know what im diong wrong...

Here is a very photoshop-ish look at the folder structure im dealing with:
    [​IMG]

now, I also, copied the pmfplayer.prx & introcfg.ini file (they are both the exact same file in either boot or intro folders) to my seplugins folder...

aside from all of that, I followed the instructions to the letter;

enabled sce logo skip....
    config>> autorun prog @ game/boot/eboot......
    150 kernel enabled....

and this is what i came up with:
    "sceMpegInit() failed: 0x8002013A"

now, I see the potential here, is there anything I can do to get
    this ish running?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2007
  2. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

anyone?

3. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

they said it doesnt work for a reason. its usually a pretty good idea to trust what the dev states about his own stuff. Anyhow there is a mod where you have to modify the recovery.prx file and u can use the flashed version. searching at qj.net or psp-hacks.com...psp sites basically will yield results.

edit:
    gas will you PM me plz :D

Last edited: Mar 2, 2007
  4. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

doesn't it have something to do w/ some minor change DAX did to the OE-C from OE-B something about faster loading time...i forgot exactly what he said it was that made it not work...it doesn't work in 3.10 OE either, does it?

5. The_Arc

The_Arc Regular member

I know this isn't eaxctley on-topic, and i apologise, but why do people use CINTRO?

I changed my Gameboot and Coldboot by replacing the PMF and .RCO files respectivley, i know now i cant use POPS, but isn't CINTRO just over-elaborating the process? Or do people use it so they can still use POPS?

6. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

for me...that truely is the last part of full customization to my psp, i can pretty much do everything else, change the coldboot n gameboot logo text, the locatin from which they are played, the bootsound and all that jive.....

I personally just want the ability to run a startup video, along with having a custom gameboot, it would make my psp just that much sexier...

Cintro used to be just an elaborate coldboot, but since kids started learning how to use prxs ang how to run pmf files from their mem sticks....its become a little bit more than that....

Cintro itself isnt the end, its merely the means....

7. The_Arc

The_Arc Regular member

Ah so it allows actual videos to be used at coldboot? Thats pretty cool. I got a vid for gameboot but didnt think it was poss for coldboots.

8. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

well my dear friend...it doesnt for OE-C...yet!
    But that is our test-at-hand as an upstanding PSP Modding community.....we have to find a way......to go, where no geek with bad vision has ever gone before... nah nahh! dom dom dom dom dom!

-alright, enough tangent...
    it's possible on every FW between 1.50 and 3.03 OE-b...but at the current, w/o modifying the recovery, it's "impossible (some say)"

we shall find a way....right now I am looking for a prx reader/compiler/whatever it is called.... cause hex-editing can be much fun, but i want a GUI....

if I cant find any resources, I will become a source.....

;)