1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

clarify Bin/Cue files and burning

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by IHoe, Jun 10, 2007.

1. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

there seems to be a misunderstanding either on my part or on some other members part that a Bin/Cue file can be burned to DVD5. I have always thought that Bin/Cue files are CD-images for burning onto CDs (VCD) not DVDs. Can a Bin/Cue file be burned on DVDs? and if so can you show me what programs do this and how. thank you.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2007
  2. MasterChu

MasterChu Guest

Moving to Langjökull in Iceland - so all the info I posted is moving with me!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2007
  3. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I have yet to able to burn a Bin file on a DVD! can you show me how???? every time I use a CUE file it asks for a CD...... not a DVD!.

I think when they say CD/DVD meaning CD image or DVD image...... not interchangeable CD or DVD (meaning you can burn either or with the image file!~ it's all how you interpret it..... but I have yet to see a BIN and CUE file burned onto a DVD...... the programs always asks for a CD writable.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2007
  4. MasterChu

MasterChu Guest

5. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

gotcha! thanks for the clearing up on the subject...... are there Bin/Cue files for DVDs? haven't seen them.

6. MasterChu

MasterChu Guest