1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Classic 80's cartoons

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by SabreLord, Sep 29, 2003.

1. Bitcount

Bitcount Guest

Here it is, next to behind the Batwing, [​IMG] i forget what her plane is called .

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

hehehe

It wasnt on much here in UK but I did see it a few times , nice to know that herb only hinders memory if you let it ; )

[remember it as JUSTICE LEAGUE btw]

3. Bitcount

Bitcount Guest

I never actually watched it when i was younger, i just discovered it one late night on Teletoon (a Canadian channel), i saw Aquaman make an ice-boomerang and use it to defeat 3 evil sailors.

4. morna

morna Guest

Can anybody tell me anything abouta cartoon called Calliope? All I remember is an old man and his dog...he was sitting in a chair when it first came on, and maybe smoking a pipe...please help!

5. katafrul

katafrul Guest

Saturday Mornings were a highlight for me

Popples
    My Little Pony
    Rainbow Brite
    Smoggies
    Snorks
    Smurfs
    Care Bears
    Jem
    Popeye
    Strawberry Shortcake

6. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Oh the Super friends, That show was great. It had a brother is sister pair that could turn in to any thing water based. However would always turn in the most sillest things that made no sense when it trouble. then latter at the end of the episode would turn in to something actually usful, but it was part of the end joke.

Katafrul,
    Popples: Yes, great show, we even had some toys
    My Little Pony: I did watch this, it was also in a line up for me.
    Rainbow Brite I also watched this one a couple times, as it was on turning week days with Carebears.
    Smoggies This was a really cool environmenal show
    Snorks I have never heard of this ones
    Smurfs I think everyone has watch the smurfs, Have you ever watched it in the original french, its crazy.
    Care Bears Yes, this was a wonderful Pagan Tv show that the christion church in may area was against. So I had to watch it.
    Jem I remeber this one paired up with the Misfits tv show. But it think the Misfits was short lived.
    Popeye I great classic, popeye is 70 years old this year!!
    Strawberry Shortcake This was a really weird cartoon, I like it as the sun would talk to you. I thought it would be really cool if the sun talked.

Did you also watch, glow worms, dragon flies or Pixey flieres? (I can't remeber exact show name)

7. empath

empath Guest

This ones for Sabrelord off the 30th September 2003.

The guy with the speed of a cheetah and eyes of a hawk.

I remember a tv programme in the UK. It wasnt a cartoon.

It was called Manimal with Simon McCorkindale.

It used to be on a Saturday tea time.

I dont know if it was made into a cartoon.

It was a round the times of StreetHawk, Knight Rider, Airwolf, The A Team that era.

8. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

herbsman, I was watching the show Cops the other day and there was some guy in it that had on a t-shirt where the whole front of the shirt was a huge Hong Kong Phooey! I jumped out of my chair yelling "Right On!". I need to get one now :)

9. safc_66

safc_66 Regular member

10. tbowling

tbowling Member

Man you guys make me sick. Now I'm going to be itchin to watch these. LMAO!!!

11. Nephilim

12. herbsman

hehehehe

Gonna gets me one !: ]-~

[shame they're all him doing his Karate chop , wouldn't mind one of him & 'spot' in the Phooeymobile - lol].

btw: http://www.mailorder2000.co.uk/acatalog/Mail_Order_2000_Soft_toys_126.html

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    When you consider that human hair is typically between 50-100 microns and a Rizla Silver paper is just 20, that's very thin indeed[/small]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2004
  13. Nephilim

*OT*

herbsman, I thought you lost your theme with your sig till I googled rizla silver papers. I like it :)

14. herbsman

They are so thin , you can see thru them !! lol

First came across them early last year whilst on a Tabacco run to Belgium ;-)

15. SabreLord

SabreLord Guest

empath Manimal was a tv series which had a bloke who could turn into animals. It only survived around 13 episodes as the budget ran out and they couldn't afford to produce any more.

The special effects sequence of him turning into a hawk was so expensive to produce that they ended up using the same sequence in more than one epsiode. It was never turned into a cartoon.

16. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

empath, No I wasn't and I dont thinks others meant your live action. I was refering to Bravestar. See
    http://www.80scartoons.net/toons/bravestarr.html
    Really funny cartoon from when I was just a boy.

Herbsman, Right Tobacco :p
    Any one watch the simpsons episode when Homer grows Tomacco. Well they have actually made it. I was reading about it in a Science Maganize. Really funny.

17. herbsman

*Belly chuckle very loudly* ;-)

My favourite Homer quote:

18. morna

morna Guest

Does anybody remember an old cartoon back in the 80's, I think it came on cartoon express, and it was called calliope, and all I remember is an old man and his dog at the beginning of the show. Can anybody tell me anything about this cartoon?

19. scottas

scottas Guest

I kinda liked Jonnie Soko and his flying Robot and Ultraman

20. forkman

forkman Member

The best Homer quote has to be when Marge tries to remind him he's taking the kids to Krusty Land "Remember your promise to the kids Homer""As soon as your eighteen your out the door.