1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clean Registery

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by mskimmy, Feb 22, 2007.

1. mskimmy

mskimmy Guest

Help Please,I have been using DVDFab Gold from Nov.2006 and now my computer was slow in everything and need to know if there is a way to clean out my Registery.I have used every download to clean up files deleted alot of useless files and see my computer is working abit faster but everytime I use my DVDFab Gold it can take up to 1hour 20minutes or longer before I even get a chance to burn but it does burn everytime with no problem to disc,just takes alot longer and not even sure if cleaning Registery will help but never had this problem before with DVDFab Gold 3.0.8.0

Thanks.
    Kimberley

2. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

3. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

A clogged registry can slow things down - use the issue and cleaner option for ccleaner that gwen links to.

Check your all your drive too and make sure the current transfer mode and transfer mode both list dma.

Here's a guide

edit to add: almost forget do a disc defrag too. Fragmented drives can slow things down too.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2007
  4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

What do you mean your comps slow,just installing gold won't make a bit of dam difference to speed so do you mean when your ripping and encoding it takes ages ?? if that's the case you need to look at cpu speed,hdd speed and amount of ram available but more importantly the more compression you need the longer it takes to fit what ever onto a single layer dvd,the closer you can get to 100% the faster the encoding will be,it's why a lot in here including myself only rip the main movie and deselect everything else other than sound.

as an example : on average it takes 1hr to rip a movie at 80% compression on my comp that has
    2.0GHz AMD athlon
    1 GB ram
    liteon dl dvd burner SHM-165H6S02C

assuming that defrag is not the problem or registry

Last edited: Feb 22, 2007