1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

clean Roxio off computer

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Fivestone, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Fivestone

Fivestone Guest

Hi every one I am new to all of this and hope I am doing it the right way. I have Roxio 6 on my computer and I seen a post from Scubapete tell some one to get read of it. And had the link to go get the thing called Zapper 60 to clean up the computer after they took Roxio off. I have Zapper in my documents and after I take roxio off what do I open Zapper to go to
    I am a green horn at this. Thanks for any help Fivestone.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

All you need to do is double click the zapper60 icon and it'll do the rest :)

3. Fivestone

Fivestone Guest

Hello Nephilim,
    I am new to all of this and I thank you for the help. Ill be writing it all down as I learn all I can here.
    I just got my DVD X copy Platumin in to day and will be look at threads to read that will help me learn to work it. But in dont look like it will be to hard.Some one said I needed to get the dvd43 to work with it is this right. Thanks for the help later Fivestones

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2005
  4. Nephilim

I wished you'd have come here before getting XCopy. The company that made has been out of business for some time now and it's difficult to get the software activated. It also hasn't been updated for a while and never will be so it's a shame that places are still selling it. There are freeware apps (DVD Shrink, DVD Decrytper) that are every bit as good if not better than XCopy.

If at all possible I'd recommend returning it. Then take that money, buy a bunch of good quality blanks and check out this link:

http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/petesguide3.html

If you do decide to stick with XCopy then we have a dedicated forum for it here:

http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/

And DVD43 can be forund here:

http://dvd43.com/

Last edited: Mar 4, 2005
  5. Fivestone

Fivestone Guest

Hi Again Nephilim, will I got took for my money looks like Got my Xcopy in to day it is a cdr copy that I got and spent my money on. It was suppost to be a new one in a box but that is what I get oo will.You have helped me on every thing so far and I Thank you for it. I went and got the dvd decrypter and the shrink that is free here. Questions ok I have read a lot about the #1 ((anydvd)) and an other one for got the name of it for but witch one is the best to buy? #2 What do I need to go with ((dvd decrypter)) and the ((shrink))to work the best? #3 And do I need the ((dvd 43)) I downloaded it also? #4 And do I need the ((nero))? I am going to go with what you say is the best for me to get I am new at this and have just coped 1 disk and it was with help. #5 And when I add all this stuff to my computer does it all go to geather to work with each other remember I am a Newbee. And Thanks for the link to the dvd stuff it will sure help. Hope this is all ill need for a few days .Would like to get the best I can Thanks Fivestones

6. Nephilim

Let's take them one by one,

I feel AnyDVD is very much worth the money. It has proven to be invaluable lately because it can beat the new protections being used on DVDs and is generally a handy app to have. It also has free lifetime updates.

Decrypter and Shrink are all you need for most situations. Here's an outstanding guide for using them together:

http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/petesguide3.html

You'll need it for DVD XCopy if you choose to use it. It does basically the same thing as AnyDVD but with much fewer options and no ability to bypass the new protections.

This is up to you really. It's a very nice and comprehensive burning suite but you can do everything you need to back up DVDs with Shrink and Decrypter.

Yep, they'll all work fine together :)