1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cleaning the Lens "consequences" Please help me

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by masterxxx, Mar 13, 2007.

1. masterxxx

masterxxx Guest

I have recently cleaned my Ps2's lens using the q-tip method and 50% isopropyl alcohol and after I tried to play a game it statrted to freeze and skip that it didn't do before. So I was wondering if there is anything I can do to fix the problem. Any help would be appriciated.

2. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

cleaning your laser when it didnt need it was pointless.well i guess you didnt let the isopropyl dry enough or you scratch it yourself using the q-tip incorrectly.its better not to be curious and opening up a ps2 when not required.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

could be something simple as well. I have seen people clean their laser and the Q-Tip leaves tiny hair like fibers on the lens when they do it. Of they get the Q-Tip way to wet and it gets into everything.

try using a clean, dry Q-Tip and VERY GENTLY rub it ober the lens and see if any dust or anything got onto the lens when you cleaned it. Other than that laser adjustment would be the only other thing i know that causes games to skip that did not skip before.