1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clear Nero Cache

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by don_jean, Feb 10, 2007.

1. don_jean

don_jean Member

Hey all.

I looked up in the forums but did not find any thread related exactly to what I am looking for, so sorry if there is- did not see it. :)

I had little space left in my C: partition (here is where I keep per default my installation directory), but now it is full after I tried burning some files from a DVD. I realized this when Nero prompted me an error regarding a write error; it pointed somewhere to a folder in Local Settings... etc etc. I guess the Nero cache is full. Can it be possible? I opened the configuration panel in Nero Express and in the Cache tab I selected a different partition for the "Path for cache" that it requires.
    How can I clear the cache in the Nero installation directory? Nero Version: 6.0.0.9

Thanks a mil.

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hey don_jean
    Clear out your temp files in local settings or easier would be to run ccleaner. The cleaner option will clean up files and if you leave the default settings usually temp files in local setting not used for 48 + hrs.
    Run the issues option too to fix and cleanup the registry.

Free hard drive space may be another problem - recommended to try and have about 10 gig free when doing backups of dvd's. But I'm thinking from your post the partition that you changed the path to has more free space.
    Nero and most programs need at least the amount of file size of the dvd free on the hard drive even if it's just stored temporarily.

Your Nero can use an update too - update to 6.6.0.18. Here's some links:
    package 1
    package 2

3. don_jean

don_jean Member

Hey binkie7
    Thanks a lot. I did clear the temps in the local settings; ufff.. these were eating up space madly: 5 gigs. No wonder... I looked up in the other partition I had used temporarily and yeah... same thing there...

I cleared them all temps and offline files from IE and some other things. You know, one thing leads to another. Thanks again for the tip and the help.

I am backing up my DVDs now alright :D

I will keep on eye on these details.

HAVE A GOOD TIME.

P3ace!!

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

You welcome don_jean

Yep those temp files can add up fast!

Glad to hear you're back to burning now :)