1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CLICK HERE FOR HELP W/ CYCLIC REDUNDANCY

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Suk, Sep 12, 2004.

1. Suk

Suk Member

If you are having a problem with a Cyclic Redundancy error and dirty discs are not your problem..perhaps you have made the same mistake that I did. I purchased a new computer. I was used to the old computer only burning at 2X max so when I burned my discs I was burning onto a DVD with a 2X maximum burn speed while my computer was burning at 8X. This also made it impossible for me to make a copy of a copy because I got the Redundancy Error. I finally realized what I was doing, and changed my burn speed to the maximum speed the disc would allow, well, that solved my problem. For those of you who don't know, you will find the maximum burn speed written on the paper jacket that is wrapped around your DVD's when you buy them. I sure hope this helps someone.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Burning at max speed will most certainly not clear up CRC's and in fact is a great way to cause them.

3. thor999

thor999 Regular member

I have this problem occasionally, using top-mid tier blank media, and at various burning speeds. Any ideas of at least how to avoid them, even better correct the error?

4. Suk

Suk Member

To Nephilim..perhaps you misunderstood my message, I did indeed say that burning at max speed is exactly what did cause my CRC.

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

My sincere apologies for my misunderstanding your post :)

6. squizluke

squizluke Regular member

I dont have any problems burning. i get the CRC when i'm trying to rip.

7. Suk

Suk Member

Yes. That is when I would get it. If I had a CRC problem, it always occured either when opening a copied disk or riping it. When I would open or try to rip a disk that I had copied using a burn speed higher than the specifications on the disk, (i.e., a disk with 2X specs that I burned at 8X) Even though this copy played fine, if I tried to duplicate it I would get the CRC error. I learned to play it safe and never burn any higher than the specifications on the DVD in order to insure that I could make a duplicate copy in the future without having any problems. Lots of things can cause a CRC error. This is just one of them I have found.