1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Click' movie - unable to complete process not enough memory ?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by smokin6o, Apr 5, 2007.

1. smokin6o

smokin6o Member

What in the world is going on. I have never had this problem before. I run ripit4me with fixvts dvd shrink and dvd decryptor. After everything is about done and dvd shrink is encoding after it gets to about 10% i get this message.

Thanks for any help

2. smokin6o

smokin6o Member

it exactly says
    "dvdshrink has encountered an error and cannot continue
    Out of memory
    Not enough storage is available to process this command"

thanks

3. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

How much free space is on your hard drive?
    How large is your virtual memory and what are the settings?

4. zippyd

zippyd Regular member

And to add to the questions...
    How much RAM do you have?
    Do you have any other processes running in the background... little things can add up and steal all your RAM like anti virus, windows hibernation, etc...

5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

This is a problem I've seen using AnyDVD and using Shrink or AnyDVD + DVD Decrypter and opening the files in Shrink. It happens because the files aren't completely DVD compliant. If you're using FixVTS with Ripit4Me, it sounds as though you may have an older version of RI4M. The latest version is 1.7.1.0 and it incorporates FixVTS code, so the separate FixVTS processing is no longer needed. Using the latest RipIt4Me I've done most of the new releases with the heavier protection and haven't had any fail yet. What DVD are you having the problems with?

6. smokin6o

smokin6o Member

i am having problem with "click" i have rip4me ver. 1.6.9.0 i have 512mb of ram 15gb open on my c drive and 30gb open on my secondary hard drive. i guess ill try finding the newer ripit4me

thanks

7. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

PM Janrocks and see if she can help find the link for the 1.7.1.0 version of RipIt4Me. By the way, if you're trying to do all the work on the partition with 15GB, you may run into a problem. Besides needing about twice the space of the original files, you need space for the system to function. You could be pushing the limit. With only 512MB RAM, don't have any AV ware or other programming running in the background if you can help it. Use the taskmanager to monitor RAM usage. If you go over the limit, the system starts paging. That takes even more of your limited hard drive space.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2007
  8. smokin6o

smokin6o Member

I understand needing more hard drive space. I have a 300gb hard drive and its full of movies. I am about to delete them and clean it up. But i took click out and ran rip it for me on blood diamond and it works perfect. Thanks for the help

braxton

9. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I've not done Blood Diamond, so I'm not familiar with the copy protection used with that release. What you found by doing it is that your software works for that release and you're probably not having RAM and HD problems (keep enough free space). Which makes it look even more like it may be the copy protection causing your error. Get 1.7.1.0 and give it a try. I did Click and it wasn't a problem.

10. smokin6o

smokin6o Member

i got the newer ripit4me and same deal.
    I am not sure what else to do thanks though

11. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I'm not sure either. I have the same software and did the backup without a hitch. All I can suggest is if you can't get the job done with one program, try another. RipIt4Me wasn't my first program and I doubt it being the last. Try DVDFab Decrypter and see how that works.

12. koerwise

koerwise Guest

I agree with this opinion.Thank you for the informatiom.

13. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

koerwise - just passing thru, and noticed there's an advertising link in your sig, please remove it as free advertising isn't permitted here.

while i'm here - i recommend DVDFab Decrypter (the free one), it'll handle this movie no problem at all

14. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

15. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter should have been installed before installing RipIt4Me using the installer program. Settings should look like this.
    [​IMG]

Use Full DVD, Movie + Menu, or Menu (do not use the ISO) as the rip mode and use the 1-Click mode and let it open in Shrink. If you don't do anything wrong and the system is okay and you've got a good disk, then you'll probably get a good rip that you can use for a backup.

I did the rip using the same method with the same software, used RB/CCE and burned with Nero. At first the rip may appear to hang up in the DVD Decrypter rip, let it be. It tool 28 minutes for my system to do the backup and the first few minutes the Decrypter guesstimate was at 5 hours or more. The initial analysis of IFOs is also lengthy due to the number of files in the folder.