1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clicks on CD's when played on DVD Player

Discussion in 'Audio' started by keskamess, Mar 20, 2005.

1. keskamess

keskamess Member

Hey:

I have a Samsung DVD player (DVD-P242 with prog. scan) that plays everything from DVD-R to SVCD to mp3's. My DVD's play great but when I pop a home-made CD (regular) it pops, clicks and skips. It never happens with anything else (store bougth music cd's). I've tried 3 different nrands and they all do the same thing??? If I use a 'music' cd to play, it seems to be fine. Do you think it's just the media it doesn't like (has to be 'music-type' cd's). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

with the fast speed that Cd-writer have now , most people tend to let the writing go as fast as it can !! maybe try to slow down the burning when you make one ! Of course you do need good media but sometimes slowing the burn helps ! Have you tried using a different burning software when you make them homemade Cd ? That could be a worth a try.

3. keskamess

keskamess Member

Okay, I slowed it doen to 8X (it'll burn up to 48X) and it seems to be playing fine. Thanks for the help. I should have known because I have to burn my DVD's at a slower speed as well or they pixelate. Thanks