1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

clickshop - im not impressed at all....

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by card1435, Dec 4, 2007.

1. card1435

card1435 Member

ordered an r4 ds 2 gig gizmo some two weeks ago now - told last week id get this by wednesday - well almost 2 weeks and not a bean - i even called them and was promised id have this by last wednesday - surprise surprise - nothing, and now on their web site it says shortage in stock - well it never said this when i ordered mine... so if your tempted, just be aware they take your cash even if the stocks not available!

anyone else have similar dealings with these clowns?

2. MrWitness

MrWitness Member

3. snorlax22

snorlax22 Regular member

At the risk of "memberating" (moderating by a member) I'd suggest two things: first, I'm not sure the forums would really want to get into the business of storing a bunch of potentially libelous posts and second, I'd personally much rather see a list of places to buy from with positive experiences than a don't go to list. Just my 2 cents.

4. card1435

card1435 Member

business of storing a bunch of potentially libelous posts

Ohh really - sorry the facts are as i documented them - mobile phones store calls for upto five years (thats how they nick ,drug dealers, murderers, big time criminals, in court) - strange thing is the guy i spoke to - ie the boss of the store in question is also on orange - hardly rocket science.

No i feel users do a service by bringing bad dealers on the web to light, they should be exposed. I would love to see how what ive written is in anyway libelous, isnt libelous untrue statements? mine arnt - im sure im only the tip of the ice burg with this outfit.

5. snorlax22

snorlax22 Regular member

I didn't say you were being untrue- please don't be offended. Surely you would recognize, however, the potential for people less scrupulous, honest, forgiving, or compassionate than yourself to post things designed simply to hurt someone they feel aggrieved by. It happens now, and I'm usually not for giving it a place to voice. There is, in my mind, a difference between legitimate complaint and rant-raving-looniness. The problem is distiguishing the two, as you most likely agree.

6. card1435

card1435 Member

UPDATE - my order has been dispatched today aparently - ill kepp you informed, i should hopfully get this by friday.. but im not holding my breath.

7. snorlax22

snorlax22 Regular member

I should hope not. If you try to hold your breath that long, you'll probably faint! I would recommend you maintain the 12-20 breaths per minute standard among humans.

Just funning you.

Hope it shows up. Having a 2GB card will be cool.

8. card1435

card1435 Member

well guys ive got my card - yes its a great gizmo - even my girly who hates the small screen of the ds is now an absalute convert - as long as its just for the brain training game... ;)

Anyway ive had a few days to play around with stuff - ie the roms on the card, to be honest i find 2 gigs adequate for the games.. alot of games on the ds are well imho crap, but there are some diamonds out there... so the 2 gig card for me anyway is adequate - although i must admit i find ive deletted alot of roms (i dont have magpie syndrome anymore - ask ya dad he will know what the term means ;) )simply because they are well crap.

Clickshop sent me an email today about refunding for not fulfilling there contractual obligations... obviously they dont realise ive recieved my card.... erm... very unprofessional indeed.

so yeah i recommend the r4 - it works and if your choosey like me a 2 gig card for roms is well adequate.

However i was thinking - what if you use compression when formatting the micro card would it not almost double the storage capacity on the card from 2 gig to say 3.8 gig? just an idea...

all the best.

ohh btw anyone know anymore games similar to the brain training type games?

Ohh also i have not even tried reading ebooks on my dslite - has anyone else?

9. juniR

juniR Guest

I wouldn't bother with messing with compression m8. If it was a good working idea we'd all already be doing it hehe. You should trim the roms though cos that saves some space.

erm more brain traing, brain age (1 & 2), THINK - Logic trainer,... there's loads of good puzzle games... warioware touched is also a good "reaction" type game. Go look at metacritic to see what's good...

ebooks... I wouldn't worry about exploiting that function too much but it works yeah. Go grab DSOrganise for a nice application to run though. You can do a fair bit with that including browsing, IRC, and of course it's a nice lil organiser.

10. tommy6

tommy6 Regular member

just found this thread my r4 card took 4 weeks to come from them
    when i emailed after 3weeks they said sorry and they would try to put in a freebie when sending my order.needless to say no freebie arrived but at least i did get my card eventually.

11. martigan1

martigan1 Member

I ordered my R4 with a 2gb card on the Mon 12 Nov i phoned and e-mailed them but finally i got a refund on the 18th dec i will never use this company again(clickshop) !! . I put an order in at model gadget on the 10dec i got delivery on the 21st dec well done model gadget at least some companies seem to try their best instead of messing you about .

12. peterhg

peterhg Member

Yet another totally let down clickshop customer here.False promises.No answer to emails.Not even the courtesy to email me to inform me that the goods I PAID FOR IN NOVEMBER are still not in stock even now in January.2 kids here with locally bought Nintendo DS for Xmas but nothing to play on them!!!!! I wish I'd 'googled' these cowboys first and found how crap their firm is!!!!! Avoid and go to a reputable firm!!!!

13. gzira

gzira Guest

i ordered with them on 15th of november,and it arrived 23rd of december.after loading files and roms it just says "incompatible hardware" then turn itself off.

14. tommy6

tommy6 Regular member

15. gzira

gzira Guest

i will do mate,thanks for the info.

16. gzira

gzira Guest

it still says the same so i copied all the files from a r4 that works,and now it says cant find ds menu dat,even though i copied one in.its doing me head in.

17. tyrantdj

tyrantdj Regular member

i still haven't recieved my cards and ordered them on 30th november

18. arcam2

arcam2 Member

clickshop.com guaranteed my order placed on the 13th of dec for christmas delivery. It never arrived. the reason for this was eventually revealed by clickshop as the bank would not release customers funds to secure orders as they had not completed a satisfactory number of orders. This posed some questions which were never answered;

why do you not respond to emails?

why can you not acquire credit from banks or suppliers to obtain stock?

why did you lie to some many of your ex-customers?

why were the products listed as in-stock and guaranteed before christmas when you had no stock and insufficient funds to procure them?

why would i ever by anything from your site again?

19. peterhg

peterhg Member

After being messed about by the above,we got some DSTT cards from dealextreme @ £12.50 incl recorded delivery.
    A lot better service and a lot cheaper.