1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cline confusion

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by fintannl, Sep 12, 2012.

1. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

now i do have a bit of experience with clines but recent events make me wonder how much i know. so i get a cline for tring and i put it on my local system and it works perfectly as it should. so i remove it off my local system and put it on my brothers system exactly the same and it simply does not work. its killing me. am i going stupid as years go past. the cline provider assures that the cline is not ip restricted :-(

2. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

hss router blocking it perhaps, has he got a mac block on the router?

3. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

mad stuff mickah, simple cline works on my primary system and on my system upstairs which is a client to my my main system downstairs. but it will not work outside my home?

4. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

mad stuff mickah, simple cline works on my primary system and on my system upstairs which is a client to my my main system downstairs. but it will not work outside my home?

5. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Have you tried it on any other boxs apart from his? could it be his firewall setting in the router, a router setting blocking the outgoing port etc blocking?

6. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

i physically took the box that works in my house to his place. i had 3 clines in it and two of them worked but the tring one fails each time. i checked the firewall and put it to low. the mad thing is that the other two lines work fine.

7. pudzyryan

pudzyryan Regular member

what emu beening used fint, CCcam wont read Tring, oscam or newcs will read it no problem.
    also oscam+CCcam, its the best way to share this card. person who gave you the line, he hardly has it locked to your ip

8. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

ack i think i know the prob, the cline supplier has added <hostname/ipaddress> parameter into my fline which restricts me to only using his line from my location. crap

9. cactikid

cactikid Active member

hahahaha ball and chain ,dont move house.thats a new one on me.