1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clone DVD 2

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by joschez, Mar 15, 2005.

1. trust121

trust121 Member

ok great.. thanks for all your help.. ill post back my results too when i get the time..

2. Rockyn

Rockyn Guest

I was wondering if someone can help me.

Both my brother and I are using anydvd and clonedvd2 on seperate pc's.

When playing back a movie on our tv's some of the movies start playing for a few minutes then freeze (you can watch the timer on the dvd player keep rolling) then it starts up again. It does it throughout the whole movie.

One of the movies was little black book. I copied the wide screen on one disk and full screen on a second disk. the full screen will do this freezing but the wide screen played beautifully.

3. budberner

budberner Guest

use good media and write slower

4. Rockyn

Rockyn Guest

I'm using TDK's and burning at 4x. My brother is uning kayo nuyen (spelling??)and 4x

5. budberner

budberner Guest

same pc specs? no multitasking? does he do movie only? got to be something different

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

If the movie requires a lot of compression you will more than likely run into those problem's. Thats why I stress to do the main movie only and forget the extras. If you want the entire disk with everything on it then you should try using DVDCopy3 it is much better at compression :) media also plays a big factor in this area as well. TDK's are normally good but there is also the possibility you got some manufactured by CMC Magnetics.. Run one of those disks trough Disk ID http://home.scarlet.be/~ping3828/dvd_identifier.zip
    Then see wht manufacturer code you get.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2005
  7. Rockyn

Rockyn Guest

we both have the same problem. my pc has a AMD Athalon 64 3400, 2 western digital 200 gig hard drives, 1 gig of memory, mad dog cd burner/dvd player with a plextor px-708a for burning. My brothers pc is a stripped down version with a AMD Athalon 32 and 512 mb of memory. other than that I'm not sure.

8. Rockyn

Rockyn Guest

We always try to keep the movies around 80%, never under 60%.

9. Rockyn

Rockyn Guest

Your identifier will not work for some reason but dvd info pro states CMC MAG E01 for mine and my brother gets yuden 000t02 for his.

10. joschez

joschez Regular member

I had that same problem when I was using Clone DVD, I upgraded to CloneDVD2 and now I have no more problems. I'm still using the same media as before, and only those movies I copied with the CloneDVD, are the only ones that freeze on me.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2005
  11. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

He stated he was using ClonDVD2...

@Rockyn,
    OK it's your media man!! CMC is the worst!! That code your brother got isn't TaiyoYuden either. I'm not sure what that code is. Try some better media if you go to the store get FujiFilm, Maxell, or Sony. look for "made in Japan or Singapore" on the box or spindle. Don't but to much though untill you find the ones that work best for you ;-)

Lots of luck

12. trust121

trust121 Member

bbmayo.. iite.. so i tried the process of using dvdclone2 with any dvd running in the background.. then i tried to back up the incredibles. i got an error message that said this disk is "copyrighted." am i doing something wrong in the process.. then ive been having problems with the old way i back up movies.. my old process is i rip the movie with dvd decryptor.. then open the ripped files in shrink then burn from nero.. but for some reason at the end it says burn failed.. it it just started happening to me. what do you think the problem is.. i use tdk brand media which i backed up oher movies perfectly. thanks for any help you can give me..

13. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

trust121,
    Is this just with this new movie The Encredables? Or are you having problems with all of your movies now?

14. trust121

trust121 Member

im having problems with all my movies now.. like it give me that error.. but its weird cuz like i try the disk out on the dvd player.. and it works.. just a takes a little while to load.. should i reinstall my nero? thanks

15. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

What proggy are you using to defeat the css encryption? AnyDVD?

16. trust121

trust121 Member

what css encryption are you talking about.. the process that i use is: dvd decryptor to rip files.. then i open the ripped files from shrink then allow nero to burn after that.. i just keep getting errors at the end. but when i play the disk on the dvd player it plays. it just takes a little while to load, and skips a bit. so i dont know whats wrong with it.. thanks again!

17. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Sounds like a poor media problem you can try this to fix the problem...
    Poor media tends to have ink run offs towards the end of the disk and is flawed. So to solve your problem we can try adjusting the target size in Shrink this will keep you from burning to close to the edge of the disk :)
    [​IMG]

18. trust121

trust121 Member

ill give that a shot.. im using tdk media.. and back up a lot of movies using the same and had no problems. but ill try that process you showed me..and i mighttry to re-install my nero. because it never used to give me that error.. thanks again!