1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clone DVD2 Help Please...

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by carl292, Jan 15, 2007.

1. carl292

carl292 Member

I have both any dvd and dvd clone 2 and have burned back ups before of movies less than 2 hrs long. My brothers wedding video is 2.16 long ( done by a Prfessional) and he asked me to make backups for the family. My question is, how do I compress using clonedvd2 ? I know i could put it on 2 dvd's(splitting) , but the original is on 1 and I would like too keep it that way.
    I did already try to email help dept at slysofts website, but it down for some reason and i did looks at some guides for answers,but still stuck. Please Help

2. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Make sure you have your setting at DVD5 on your backup screen Clone will compress, that is what it does.

[​IMG]

Also are you sure your original is on a DVD9 and not a DVD5. Check and see if it is a single layer because you can then just do a direct copy and there will be no need to compress.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
  3. carl292

carl292 Member

Thanks arnie bear for replying so quick,I'm learning something new here, so with my clonedvd2 it automatically compresses to fit a dvd5 size, when that drop down is checked? The pro's disk on the inside does read DVD+R DL, so i guess it is a dual layer and i want to put it on a dvd5. What would be the proper way to burn this disk AB ? Thanks again

4. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Here is MadBob's guide on the program.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72022

Choose Clone DVD on your startup screen, then browse to your disk and hit next, then choose your burner as your target. Clone will transfer it temporarily to your HD and compress and will burn.